Do you want to find out about the best Cape Town events in October? Here in my events calendar there are great events in the Mother City for every taste and budget.
Springtime is a wonderful time in the Cape. The days finally are warmer and drier again and you will want to get out of the house or office as much as possible. How about celebrating the start of the sailing season in Table Bay harbour? Or what about whale-watching or going on a safari? There are some great game lodges around Cape Town and going on a safari is a must when in South Africa. Now is the best time in the year as there are all the baby animals easy to see in the Kruger Park before the summer rains start there.
Anyway, have a good look and find out what’s on in Cape Town this month. There are many exciting events happening in the Western Cape in October, that’s for sure.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: New Voices. From 1 October 2019. Staged Readings by young talents. Several free events at the Artscape. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Dance Festival. until 5 October 2019. Showcasing the best of the dance scene. Tickets: From R80. More info.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: Royal Yacht Club Season Opening Cruise. 5 October 2019. Official launch of the 2019 sailing season attracting a large fleet of sailing vessels which sail into the V&A Waterfront en mass and in salute of the Club’s Commodore. From 12h00 noon. More info.
• Cape Town, Simonstown: Penguin Festival. 5 October 2019. Annual fun event at Seaforth Beach from 10h - 14h. Entry is free. More info.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: Blessing of the Fishing Fleet Festival. 6 October 2019. Join the annual celebrations of the Portuguese Community with activities and fun for the whole family. Portuguese Festival at the V&A Waterfront over the weekend. More info.
• Cape Town, Fugard Theatre: The 2020 Fugard Bioscopy World Arts Cinema Season. Every Wednesday from 7 October 2019. Tickets: From R120. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Cape Town International Boat Show. 18 - 20 October 2019. The only one of its kind on the African continent. More info.
• Cape Town, Greenpoint: Gun Run. 20 October 2019. You can still register online for the run in Greenpoint until 6 October 2019. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Cap Classique and Gin Affair. 26 - 27 October 2019. Lifestyle festival with bubbly and craft gin tastings at the Grand Africa Café. Tickets: R380 at Quicket (until 5 October discounted at R190). More info.
• Cape Town, Muizenberg: International Kite Festival. 26 - 27 October 2019. Amazing professional kiting display and colourful fun festival in Zandvlei. Admire the kiters from around the world. More info
• Darling: Rocking the Daisies Festival. 4 - 6 October 2019. Cloof Wine Estate. More info.
• Robertson: Wine on the River Festival. 11 - 13 October 2019. Open-air festival on the Breede River in the Robertson Wine Valley. Tickets: From R150. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Craft Beer Festival - Oktoberfest. 12 October 2019. With 20 microbreweries from all over South Africa at Jean Marais Nature Reserve. Tickets: from Quicket. More info.
• Somerset West to Hermanus: FNB Wines to Whales. 25 October until 3 November 2019. Bike rally through the vineyards, stages of 60 -80km, finishing in Hermanus. More info.
More events in October
October Events all over South Africa
Any other Cape Town events in October which we should add here? Please contact us and share your info Cape Town events in October. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. So add on you Cape Town events in October and contact us. Thanks a lot for your help:-)
Do you want to be informed about great Cape Town events every month and read lots of interesting Cape Town Insider Tips? Then subscribe to our ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.
More info on Cape Town events in October can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings.
Image credits: Royal Yacht Club
Return from Cape Town Events in October to ExpatCapeTown Homepage