Christmas Markets in Cape Town: Yes, summer has arrived in Cape Town and Christmas is a few weeks away. The Cape Town Christmas Markets are usually great places to spend the warm summer days or balmy evenings and do some gift shopping for your loved ones. Summer and Christmas may still sound to be a strange combination for many of you, but I am sure you will love to spend your much deserved Christmas break in the sun.
Due to the pandemic some Christmas markets are not open again, but you are still looking for that special local and handmade gift, we updated our listing to share the best places to visit. Many christmas markets in Cape Town are a wonderful way of getting into the spirit of the Christmas season in Cape Town.
• Stellenbosch: Stellenbosch Kersmark 2021. 24 November - 4 December 2021 at Martisonstreet Uniepark. Market from 9h00 - 19h00 weekdays and 9h00 - 16h00 Saturdays. More info.
• Stellenbosch: German AdventsBazar 2021 at the Lutheran Church in Hofmeyrstr. 26 from 9h00-13h00. With deli and crafts, coffee and cakes. Walk through only. More info.
• Cape Town, Southern Suburbs: Kirstenbosch Craft Market. 28 November 2021 from 9h00 - 15h00. This popular craft market opposite the Mother City’s Botanic Gardens has got a wide variety of original arts and crafts and activities to entertain the little one while you do some Christmas shopping.
• Cape Town, CBD: 2021 Adventsmarkt of the German Community at St. Martini Church in 240 Long Street. 28 November 2021 from 10h00 - 14h00. Great German handmade christmas ornaments, advents wreaths and fabulous food. More info.
• Cape Town, Edgemead: Edgemead Christmas Market. 27 November - 24 December 2021 from 10h00 - 19h00 every day in the Edgemead Community Hall. Stunning local arts and crafts on display, with more than 250 stalls. Another one of the finest christmas markets in Cape Town with free entrance. More info.
• Cape Town, Blouberg: I Love Local Christmas Market. 3, 4, 5. December 2021 from 17h00 - 20h00 on Friday and from 9h00-16h00 on the weekend at Sunningdale Sports Complex. More info.
• Cape Town, Bergvliet: Simply South Gift & Craft Fair. 17 - 23 December 2021 from 9h00 - 19h00 weekdays and 9h00 - 16h00 weekends at Westcott Primary School in Myburgh Road. Local arts and crafts with many local artisans. Free entrance. More info.
• Cape Town, Kommetjie: Christmas Gift Fair. 17 - 22 December 2021with over 100 exhibitors and one-stop shopping from 9H00 - 19h00 (except Sunday until 14h00). More info.
• Cape Town, Rondebosch: Rondebosch Christmas Market. 18 December 2021 Craft market at Rondebosch Park from 9h00 - 14h00. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Cape Town Summer Market. 16 - 23 December 2021 at the Company Gardens from 17h00 - 23h00. With local vendors and singing competition. To be confirmed...
Enjoy the Christmas markets in Cape Town, the numerous Carols by Candlelight concerts and the peaceful Christmas spirit in Cape Town this summer and
***Have a wonderful Christmas season in the Mother City.***