Our Cape Town events in April will fascinate! Here you will find our events calendar with a listing of some of the best Cape Town events for April 2016.
March and April are month when there are plenty of holidays, as there are three public holidays coming soon. Easter is not only celebrated by the Christians in Cape Town, but also the community opens its heart with a variety of community drives. Friday 25 March is Good Friday, Monday 28 March is Easter Monday, in South Africa called 'Family Day' and is a public holiday. Wednesday, 27 April, is another public holiday 'Freedom Day'.
Enjoy the long weekends and take long walks on the stunning beaches in Cape Town. In April, we often have the first colder nights and the Cape Town weather can change quite fast during autumn in South Africa. Now you can experience four seasons in a day, as the Capetonians say.
There are many great events happening in the Mother City in April, as you will see when you take a closer look at the events calendar below.
• Cape Town, CTICC: Cape Town International Jazz Festival. 1 - 2 April 2016. Performances by internationally acclaimed jazz stars. Tickets from R70. More info.
• Cape Town, CTICC: World Travel Market. 6 - 8 April 2016. Travel trade show. More info.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Taste of Cape Town. 7 - 10 April 2016. Sample food from some of the most celebrated chefs in the country at this popular food festival. Taking place at the grounds of the Green Point Cricket Club. Tickets: From: R80 for a standard ticket via online bookings. More info.
• Cape Town, Theatre on the Bay: Love Factually. 13 April 2016 - 14 May 2016. Alan Committee in the ultimate date comedy show. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Barnyard Theatre: Viva Las Vegas. Until 17 April 2016. Dazzling rock extravaganza and tribute show. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, City Hall: Autumn Symphony Season. 28 April 2016. Performance by the Cape Philharmonic Orchestra. Tickets from R90. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: La Bohème in District Six. 28 April 2016 - 1 May 2016. Celebrating heritage through the lens of Puccini's famous opera. Tickets from R100. More info.
• Cape Town CTICC: Decorex. 29 April 2016 - 2 May 2016. Leading décor and design exhibitions comes to Cape Town for the annual exibition. Tickets: tbc, available at the door. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Cape Getaway Show. 1 - 3 April 2016. Annual travel show and festival for adventure lovers will take place at Lourensford Wine Estate. You need to get your tickets beforehand on their website as there are NO tickets at the gate. Tickets: R150. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Pinotage and Biltong Festival. 16 - 17 April 2016. Wine from 18 South African wine estates and J&M biltong at its best. Visit the fair at L'Avenir Wine Estate to enjoy this treat. Tickets: R150. More info.
• Sandringham, Stellenbosch: SA Cheese Festival. 30 April 2016 - 2 May 2016. This annual festival for cheese lovers will take place at Agri-Expo's Farm in Sandringham between Cape Town and Paarl. You need to get your tickets beforehand on their website as there are NO tickets at the gate. Tickets: R150. More info.
As April is a month with various school holidays, you will find that there are many great events happening in the city for your children and teenagers.
If you want to know about the best free activities for you and your family when in Cape Town, see our top 10 listing for free family-friendly activities here.
Do you know of any other Cape Town events in April which are worth adding here? Please contact me and share your info. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear about a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help.
If you are looking for tickets for other Cape Town events in April, please refer to Computicket website: www.computicket.co.za, where you can find more info on events in Cape Town.
Image Credits on Cape Town Events in April: ExpatCapeTown.com