These Cape Town events in April will fascinate you! Here you will find our events calendar with a listing of some of the best Cape Town events for April 2018.
April is a month when there are plenty of holidays, as there are three public holidays coming soon. Easter is not only celebrated by the Christians in Cape Town, but also the community opens its heart with a variety of community drives. Friday 30 March is Good Friday, Monday 2 April is Easter Monday, in South Africa called 'Family Day' and is a public holiday. Friday, 27 April, is another public holiday 'Freedom Day'.
Enjoy the long weekends and take long walks on the stunning beaches in Cape Town. In April, we often have the first colder nights and the Cape Town weather can change quite fast during autumn in South Africa. Now you can experience four seasons in a day, as the Capetonians say.
There are many great events happening in the Mother City in April, as you will see when you take a closer look at the events calendar below.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: West Side Story. 7 March - 22 April 2018. Multi-award winning musical on stage in Cape Town. With full live orchestra. Tickets from R150. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Hamlet. 11 - 21 April 2018. Shakespeare's masterpiece in internationally acclaimed performance. Tickets R45. More info.
• Cape Town, Barnyard Theatre: Diamonds and Pearls. 14 March - 22 April 2018. Tribute show to Neil Diamond and Celine Dion. Tickets: R155. More info.
• Cape Town, Theatre on the Bay: Fatal Attraction. 16 March - 7 April 2018. Based on James Dearden's film. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Puppet Guy. 3 - 14 April 2018. Conrad Koch, South Africa's puppet guy in another funny show. Tickets: R120. More info.
• Cape Town, Grand West Casino: World Ice Hockey Championships. 16 - 22 April 2018. Division III championships. Tickets: From R30. More info.
• Cape Town CTICC: Property Buyer Show. 21 - 22 April 2018. For first time buyers and property investors. Tickets: R80. More info.
• Cape Town, CTICC: World Travel Market. 18 - 20 April 2018. Travel trade show, book your tickets before the show for free entry. More info.
• Cape Town CTICC: Decorex. 27 April - 1 May 2018. Leading décor and design exhibitions comes to Cape Town for the annual exibition. Tickets: R110, available at the door. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Cape Getaway Show. 6 - 8 April 2018. Annual travel show and festival for adventure lovers will take place at Lourensford Wine Estate. You need to get your tickets beforehand online or at the gate. Tickets: From R40. More info.
• Paarl: Pinotage and Biltong Festival. 14 - 15 April 2018. Wine from several South African wine estates and biltong at its best. Visit the fair at Perdeberg Wine Estate in Agter Paarl to enjoy the local treats. Tickets: R200.
• Sandringham, Stellenbosch: SA Cheese Festival. 27 - 29 April 2018. This annual festival for cheese lovers will take place at Agri-Expo's Farm in Sandringham between Cape Town and Paarl. You need to get your tickets beforehand on their website as there are NO tickets at the gate. Tickets: R180. More info.
As April is a month with various school holidays, you will find that there are many great events happening in the city for your children and teenagers.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Tales of Little Grey Rabbit. 29 March - 9 April 2018. Popular children's tale. Tickets from R90. More info.
If you want to know about the best free activities for you and your family when in Cape Town, see our top 10 listing for free family-friendly activities here.
Do you know of any other Cape Town events in April which are worth adding here? Please contact me and share your info. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear about a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help.
If you are looking for tickets for other Cape Town events in April, please refer to Computicket website: www.computicket.co.za, where you can find more info on events in Cape Town.
Image Credits on Cape Town Events in April: ExpatCapeTown.com