Emergency Information for Cape Town
These are the most important Cape Town Emergency Numbers:
Please take the time to store these numbers in your phone and cell phone and print them out and put them on your fridge or somewhere you have got easy access to when an emergency or crisis arrises, which hopefully will never happen...
• Fire, Police, Ambulance (Call Centre) 107
• Cellphone Emergency: 112
• Police - Flying Squad: 10 111
• Fire Department: 021 535-1100
In case of medical emergency
• Ambulance: 10 177
• ER 24 Emergency Medical Care: 084-124
• Netcare Emergency Medical Care: 082-911
• Poison Information at Red Cross Childrens Hospital: 021-6895227
Do you need the Telephone number of a Private Hospital in Cape Town, then go to
Cape Town hospitals.
Important Helpline Numbers when out and about
Take these Cape Town emergency numbers with you.
• Sea Rescue: 021-449-3500
• Table Mountain National Park Rangers: 086-110-6417
• Mountain Rescue Service: 021-984-9900
Armed Response Companies
Should any emergency regarding your personal safety occur at home contact your Armed Response Team.
Should you need their meet and greet services when you arrive home late at night and are not sure if somebody followed you. They make sure their customers get into their homes safely.
• ADT: 086-1212-401
• Chubb: 086-1021-911
• City Bowl: 086-015-1515
• District Watch: 021-559-3024
• Halt Security: 021-975-1503
• Roman: 021-982-0563
• Star Alarms: 021-557-1455
Crisis Help Lines
• Aids Help Line: 0800-012-322
• Child Line: 0800-055-555
• Child Protection: 0800-111-213
• Life Line: 0800-102-322
Expat Cape Town Tip:
Store in your cell phone your next of kin or emergency family contact under ICE (which stands for In Case of Emergency)
Return from Cape Town Emergency numbers to ExpatCapeTown Homepage