Our listing of Cape Town events in March will provide a listing of some of the best Cape Town events happening in March 2018. March is a fabulous month in the Mother City, as then the temperatures drop slightly after the usually really hot Cape Town weather during the summer months. We will hope for quite a bit of rain for this year, as our dams are drying out and water saving is on everyone's agenda. So please keep to your maximum 50 litres daily allowance!
However, the air is much cleaner in March when the breeze from the sea starts to pick up again and we enjoy the splendid autumn weather on weekends. Let's celebrate life with either a picnic on one of the gorgeous Cape Town beaches or we are heading for one of the finest weekend markets to admire and buy local crafts and taste the freshest food in season.
March is a month of great events and activities in the Mother City, like the Cape Argus Cycle Race which takes place this year on 11 March. And not to forget there is Human Rights Day on 21 March which many will use as a nice super-long weekend that also falls in the school's autumn/Easter holidays. Public schools close on 15 March 2018 - please check with your children's private schools as holiday closures vary.
• Cape Town, Greenpoint: Cape Town Marathon's International Friendship Run. 30 March 2018. More info.
• Cape Town, various venues: Cape Town Open Air Movies. Throughout March 2018. Enjoy watching a great movie, such as the ever-popular movies 'Mamma Mia' and 'Love Actually' under the stars. Venues at Hillcrest Quarry, Kirstenbosch Gardens or the V&A Waterfront. Tickets: From R89 for online bookings. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Huwai KDay. 3 March 2018. Kfm's annual music festival at Meerendal Wine Estate. Tickets: From R120. Book at Computicket
• Paarl: Round the Rock Festival. 3 March 2018. Ommiberg Festival. More info
• Stellenbosch: Italian Festival. 3 - 4 March 2018. At Idiom Wine Estate. More info
• Stellenbosch, Meerendal Wine Estate: Cape Epic. 18 -25 March 2018. Mountain-bike race over 8 days through the Cape. More info.
Further afield: Knysna, Thesen Island: Knysna Literary Festival: 9 - 11 March 2018. More info.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that you always should check directly with Cape Town events in March. Changes to costs, location and time might occur, so always confirm with the event organizer in the links above.
Are you organizing Cape Town events in March for the community and would like it published here? Or do you know of an event in the Cape Town area which is worth adding here? Please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are looking for tickets for other Cape Town events in March 2018, please refer to Computicket website: www.computicket.com or www.webtickets.co.za where you can find more info on events in Cape Town. Disclaimer: Please always check dates and times, as these can change. Bookings are always advised.
Photo Credit: CapeArgus