Our listing of the best Cape Town events in June will give you an updated events calendar with some of the best events in June 2016.
Cape Town is known for its 'moody' weather in winter. The windy days are maybe not for sunbathing, but the wildness of the coastline is something you have to experience. Temperatures can get a cold 13 degrees C, but when the sun is out, temperatures are often as high as 25 degrees C. So much for winter!
There is plenty do and enjoy in Cape Town in winter, no matter if the sun is shining or it is pouring outside. Watch how fast the clouds accumulate or disperse over the ocean and take in one of the most stunning sunsets you will ever see.
There is one public holidays this month. Thursday 16 June 2016 is Youth Day, a public holiday, and will be used for short trips in the Cape for that long weekend and many schools also will start their winter school holidays during this time.
June is a great month to explore the lovely winelands and go for some nature walks in the Cape national parks or to join any of the wonderful winter festivals happening this month.
So here is a selection of great activities and Cape Town events in June, as you will see when you take a closer look at the events calendar below.
• Cape Town Goodwood, Grand West Arena: Snowworld. 1 May 2016 - 31 July 2016. Snow fun and sledge rides. Tickets: R50.
• Durbanville, Willowbridge: Amadeus Rocks. 31 May 2016 to 10 July 2016. Where classic and rock collide. Enjoy great music and experience the atmosphere at the Barnyard. Tickets: From R140. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: First Thursdays. 2 June 2016. More info.
• Cape Town Artscape Theatre: Shakespeare Schools Festival. 1 - 4 June 2016. Annual festival with 30 minute plays performed by local students. Highly recognised educational programme which is aimed at improving skills through the performing arts. More info.
• Cape Town: South African International Film Documentary Festival. 2 - 12 June 2016. More info.
• Muizenberg, Masque Theatre: Emile Minnie sings in French. 3 June 2016. One night only performance of one of SA greatest songwriters. Tickets: R80. More info.
• Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC): Source Africa Trade Show. 7 - 9 June 2016. Free entry. More info.
• Cape Town Goodwood, Grand West Arena: An Evening with George Benson. 11 - 12 June 2016. Tickets: from R510.
• Cape Town, International Convention Centre: Wedding Expo. 11 - 12 June 2016 at the CTICC. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Defending the Caveman. 14 - 24 June 2016. Longest-running and most successful solo comedy in South African theatre history. More info.
• Somerset West, Playhouse: The Wizard of Oz. 15 June 2016 - 2 July 2016. Tickets: R120. More info.
• Cape Town Goodwood, Grand West Arena: Seal - Live in South Africa. 16 June 2016. Tickets: from R520 at Computicket.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: The Greatest Love of All. 21 June to 16 July 2016. Whitney Houston Tribute Concert. Tickets: From R190. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape: The Firebird. 24 - 26 June 2016. Tickets: From R180/Family discounts. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: InMotion presented by Jazzart Dance Theatre Company. 24 - 25 June 2016. Tickets: R40/R30 scholars. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theater: Noddy. 27 June 2016 - 10 July 2016. Take your kids and see one of the most popular children's stories. Ideal for 2-9 year olds. Booking from 30 May 2016 only.
• Robertson: Robertson Wacky Wine Weekend. 2 - 5 June 2016. If you fancy an outing to the lovely Robertson Wine Valley and love great wine and food, you should not miss this special event. Tickets: R120. More info.
• Hermanus: Hermanus Fynarts Festival. 10 - 19 June 2016 with various events and family entertainment. More info.
• Calitzdorp: Calitzdorp Port and Wine Festival. 16 - 19 June 2016. Popular winter festival in the stunning Klein Karoo. More info.
• Tulbagh: Marigold Weekend. 17 - 19 June 2016 at Guinevere Guest Farm. More info.
• Somerset West: Winterfest of the German community at the Lutheran Church. More info.
• Cape Town, Rugby: Festa della Repubblica. June 2016. Italian Republic Day Celebrations are usually held at the Italian Club. More info.
Do you know of any other great Cape Town events in June which is worth adding here?
Please contact me and share your info about Cape Town events in June. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help:-)
Interested in more Cape Town Insider Tips, please subscribe to my monthly ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.
If you are looking for tickets for other Cape Town events, please refer to Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on Cape Town events in June.
Image Credits on Cape Town Events in June: Jochen Graeff