Our listing of the best Cape Town events in June will give you an updated events calendar with some of the best events in June 2017. Cape Town is known for its 'moody' weather in winter. The usually breezy days are maybe not for sunbathing, but the wildness of the coastline is something you have to experience. Temperatures can get a cold 13 degrees C, but when the sun is out, temperatures are often as high as 25 degrees C. So much for winter! And this year especially, don't we all long for a little bit of rain! So please make sure to stick to the water restrictions and save as much water as possible to keep our taps running.
There is plenty do and enjoy in Cape Town in winter, no matter if the sun is shining or it is pouring outside. Watch how fast the clouds accumulate and disperse over the ocean and take in one of the most stunning sunsets you will ever see when dining out at any of the seaside restaurants along the Atlantic coast. And some have cozy log fires, so no excuse for not heading down to South Africa during winter!
There is one public holidays this month. Friday 16 June 2016 is Youth Day, a public holiday, and the long weekend will surely be used for short trips around the Cape especially as most school will only break up for winter school holidays from 30 June.
June is a great month to explore the fascinating autumn colours of the Cape winelands and go for some nature walks in the Cape national parks or to join any of the wonderful winter festivals happening this month.
So here is a selection of great activities and Cape Town events in June, as you will see when you take a closer look at the events calendar below.
• Durbanville, Willowbridge: Blame it on the Boogie. 31 May 2017 to 9 July 2017. Greatest 70s Party of all times. Enjoy great music and experience the typical atmosphere of the Barnyard. Tickets: From R150. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: First Thursdays. 1 June 2017. More info.
• Cape Town: Encounters - South African International Film Documentary Festival. 1 - 11 June 2017. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Swan Lake. 2 June to 18 June 2017. Cape Town City Ballet. Tickets: R300. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape: Imagine! Family Magic Spectacular. 3 June 2017. Tickets: R160/Family discounts. More info.
• Muizenberg, Masque Theatre: Sillage. 3 June 2016. This play won the gold award at the National Arts Festival in 2016 and is nominated for Best New South African Script in 2017. Tickets: R90. More info.
• Cape Town, International Convention Centre: Wedding Expo. 10 - 11 June 2017 at the CTICC. More info.
• Cape Town Goodwood, Grand West Arena: A Song and Dance through the Ages. 16 - 18 June 2017. Tickets: R150. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: The Diva/Maestro Collaboration. With Karin Kortje and Camillo Lombard. 16 - 17 June 2017. Tickets: R180. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: The Greatest Love of All. 21 June to 17 July 2017. Whitney Houston Tribute Concert. Tickets: From R190. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: With a little Help from my Friends. Young and upcoming Jazz artists. 27 June 2017. Tickets: R150. More info.
• Cape Town, V &A Waterfront: Underwater Photographer of the Year 2017. At the Chavonnes Museum in the Clocktower Precinct. Until September 2017. More info.
• Robertson: Robertson Wacky Wine Weekend. 1 - 4 June 2017. If you fancy an outing to the lovely Robertson Wine Valley and love great wine and food, you should not miss this special event. Tickets: R180. More info.
• Hermanus: Hermanus Fynarts Festival. 9 - 18 June 2017 with various events and family entertainment. More info.
• Calitzdorp: Calitzdorp Port and Wine Festival. 16 - 18 June 2017. Popular winter festival in the stunning Klein Karoo. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Tall Tales. A Charity Exhibition of Illustration and Fine Art at the Alliance Francaise in Loop Street. From 1 June until 30 June 2017.
• Cape Town, Rugby: Festa della Repubblica. June 2017. Italian Republic Day Celebrations are usually held at the Italian Club. More info.
Do you know of any other great Cape Town events in June which is worth adding here?
Please contact me and share your info about Cape Town events in June. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help:-)
Interested in more Cape Town Insider Tips, please subscribe to my monthly ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.
If you are looking for tickets for other Cape Town events, please refer to Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on Cape Town events in June.