Are you looking for great Cape Town events in December? Then have a good look at my events calendar and see what’s on in Cape Town this month. I am sure you will find many exciting events happening in the Mother City in December, you will love to join. The choice varies from magical musical and dance shows or family classics, such as 'Matilda' to the colorful South African summer festivals such as the annual Community Chest Twilight Run in Cape Town's City Centre.
The festive season’s cheerful atmosphere is very much captured by the many outdoors Christmas markets and Christmas concerts. And you will love the great food in season. In December you can enjoy a great day out in the countryside to do some fruit pickking and join in at the cherry and apricot harvest or pick blueberries which are in season soon too. The fresh local produce will make for a very special and lekker Christmas feast if you are used to celebrating the holidays in the colder climates.
Enjoy the great Cape Town events in December, visit the beautiful beaches and the fabulous Cape Winelands and have a Very Merry Christmas in Cape Town. Here are some of the best Cape Town events in December 2018.
• Stellenbosch: Karen Zoid at Spier. 1 December 2018 at the Spier Wine Estate. Tickets: From R160. More info.
• Franschhoek: Cap Classique & Champagne Festival. 1 - 2 December 2018 at the Huguenot Monument. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Festive Lights Switch-On. 2 December 2018. TBC. The Christmas lights in Grand Parade will be switched on and some of South Africa’s leading artists will perform at the stage in front of City Hall.
• Cape Town, CBD: Community Chest Twilight Run and Festival. TBC. Support local charities and have lots of fun dressing up for the fun walk/run/skate. More info.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Cape Town Rugby Sevens. 8 - 9 December 2018 at the Cape Town Stadium. If you have not tickets, you still can see the Springbok Sevens players live at the V&A Waterfront on 6 December for a signing session!
• Cape Town, Artscape Opera House: Matilda. 11 December 2018 - 13 January 2019. One of the most popular musicals brought to Cape Town. Tickets: From R100.
• Durbanville, D'Aria Wine Estate: Xmas Paint & Sip. 13 December 2018. Unleash your inner Van Gogh and support local communities. Tickets at quicket: R360 includes canapés and a glass of vino. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Mother City Queer Project (MCQP). 15 December 2018. TBC. Have fun and dress up for the Cape's most colourful party at the Castle of Good Hope! More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: De Waal Park Concerts. Starting mid December 2018. Free concert at De Waal park in Oranjezicht. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Dry White. 18 December 2018 - 2 January 2019. Nik Rabinowitz in his new stand-up comedy show dealing with the Cape Town water crisis. More info.
• Cape Town, City Hall: Beethoven Celebrity Gala. 20 December 2018. Tickets at computicket from R200.
• Stellenbosch: Noddy Party. 29 November 2018 until 9 December 2018 at Vergelegen Wine Estate. Fundraising project and fun for the whole family. Tickets: from R25. Get your tickets at Webticket.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: The Little Mermaid. 14 December 2018 - 6 January 2019. With the dancers of Cape Town City Ballet. Tickets: from R150.
• Cape Town, Observatory: Science Centre Holiday Programme. December 2018 - January 2019. Various cool tech and design activities for children. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: New Year's Eve Concert and Fireworks Display. 31 December 2018. Free entrance, but entry fees might apply at some venues. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: New Years Eve at the Artscape. 31 December 2018 at the Artscape Theatre. Great place to party into the new year!
• Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Gardens: New Year’s Eve Concert with some of SA's biggest stars. 31 December 2018. The place to welcome the new year in Cape Town.
Image Credits: Mzansi Festival, shutterstock and own images
More info on events in Cape Town in December can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings.
Disclaimer: Please always double-check event dates and times!