Are you looking for great Cape Town events in December? Then have a good look at my events calendar and see what’s on in Cape Town this month. I am sure you will find many exciting events happening in the Mother City in December, you will love to join. The choice varies from magical musical and dance shows, such as 'Blue' or 'Cinderella' to the colorful South African summer festivals such as the annual Community Chest Twilight Run in Cape Town's City Centre.
The festive season’s cheerful atmosphere is very much captured by the many outdoors Christmas markets and Christmas concerts. And you will love the great food in season. In December you can enjoy a great day out in the countryside to do some fruit pickking and join in at the cherry and apricot harvest or pick blueberries which are in season soon too. The fresh local produce will make for a very special and lekker Christmas feast if you are used to celebrating the holidays in the colder climates.
Enjoy the great Cape Town events in December, visit the beautiful beaches and the fabulous Cape Winelands and have a Very Merry Christmas in Cape Town. Here are some of the best Cape Town events in December 2016.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Kaapse Jol. 1 December 2016 - 14 January 2017. Alistair Izobell's fascinating musical story of the history of the Cape. Tickets: R140. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Opera House: Jazzart and Friends. 1 - 2 December 2016. Annual dance performance and outreach programme tells the youth's stories. Tickets: R50. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Korean Culture Festival. 3 December 2016. At the Amphitheatre. Free entrance.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Oxford & Cambridge Dragon Boat Regatta. 3 December 2016. At the North Wharf. Free entrance.
• Cape Town, Clifton 4th Beach: Wavescape Film Screening on Big Screen. 3 December 2016. Join the crowds at this Splendid Cape Town beach which is one of Cape Town’s Blue Flag Beaches. Film screening starts after Sunset. Free entrance. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Sacredspace. 3 - 10 December 2016. Contemporary Dance Show of the acclaimed Cape Dance Company at Artscape Theatre. Tickets: From R130. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Community Chest Twilight Festival. 6 December 2016. Support local charities and have lots of fun dressing up. Tickets: R70. More info.
• Cape Town, Clifton 4th Beach: Wavescape Film Festival. 7 - 10 December 2016. More info.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Cape Town Rugby Sevens. 10 - 11 December 2016 at the Cape Town Stadium. Tickets: From R150 at computicket
• Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Gardens: The Parlotones. 11 December 2016. See one of South Africa's greatest rock bands. Tickets: R150/concessions available. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle. 16 December 2016 - 8 January 2017. Ballet adaptation of the popular story by Scottish novelist J.M. Barrie. At Artscape Theatre. Tickets: From R110. More info.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Cape Town Sushi Festival. 16 - 17 December 2016 at the Green Point Cricket Club. Tickets: From R150 at webtickets.co.za
• Cape Town: Mother City Queer Project (MCQP). December 2016. Theme and Venue tbc. Have fun and dress up!
• Cape Town, CBD: Nama Jazz Series. 28 - 31 December 2016. Fusion of ancient and modern music traditions at Artscape Theatre. Tickets: R70. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. 8 - 23 December 2016. Morning show for the little ones. Tickets: Unreserved R80. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Annie. 2 December 2016 - 8 January 2017. Family Musical Show on the favourite children's character. Tickets: R500. Tickets at Computicket
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: New Year's Eve Concert and Fireworks Display. 31 December 2016. Free entrance. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: A Stairway to Heaven. 31 December 2016 at the Artscape Theatre. Gala performance by Cape Town City Ballet. Tickets: R250. More info.
• Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Gardens: New Year’s Eve Concert with Jerry Loops and Grassy Spark, 31 December 2015. THE place to welcome the new year in Cape Town. Tickets: R330. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: New Year's Eve Concert and Fireworks Display. 31 December 2015. Free entrance. More info.
Please check back, more events to be announced soon.
Image Credits: Mzansi Festival, shutterstock and own images
More info on events in Cape Town in December can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings.
Disclaimer: Please always double-check event dates and times!