Looking for the best Cape Town Events in March for expats and visitors? You will find out here what's on in Cape Town in March with lots of tips regarding Cape Town festivals, what to do and what to see in the Mother City this autumn. March is festival time in the Cape. Make sure to visit any of the numerous harvest festivals, admire the colourful costumes at the parade of the magical Cape Town carnival or get sporty! March is the time for several sports events, some of them not for the faint-hearted. The 8 day Cape Epic is a major event attracting international riders and spectators as is the annual Cape Town cycle race, where amateurs can meet the best of the professional international cyclists. And remember, 21 March 2017 is a public holiday: Human Rights Day is on Tuesday 21 March 2017
• Cape Town and peninsula: Cape Town Cycle Tour: 12 March 2017. Make sure to be informed also about the road closures on the weekend 11 and 12 March 2017 as well. More info
• Cape Town, Rondebosch: Zalabaza Theatre Festival. 17 - 26 March 2017. Visit the Theatre Festival at the Baxter Theatre where productions from all over the Western Cape will be shown. More info.
• Cape Town, Greenpoint: Cape Town Carnival. 18 March 2017. Join the colourful event on the Fan Walk from 15h00 or book a ticket/seat for the evening parade in Green Point. More info.
• Cape Winelands: Cape Epic Cycle Race: 19 - 26 March 2017. Mountain bike race through the scenic Cape winelands, starting at Meerendal Wine Estate. More info in the Spectator Guide.
• Cape Town, CBD: Cape Town Festival. 21 March 2017. Annual Human Rights Day festival in Company Gardens. TBC.
• Cape Town, Maynardville: Community Chest Carnival. March 2017. Join the fun at the annual international food festival with activities for the whole family. Date for 2017 TBC
• Cape Town, Newlands: Kirstenbosch Gardens Summer Sunset Concerts. Experience the amazing atmosphere at one of the concerts in Cape Town's magical botanical gardens. Throughout March 2017 More info.
• Cape Town, CBD. Infecting the City Festival. Public Arts Festival in Cape Town funded by the Africa Centre. More info.
• Robertson: Hands-on-Harvest Festival Until 26 March 2017. More info.
• Paarl: Round the Rock Ommiberg Festival. March 2017. Date tbc. More info.
• Kirstenbosch Gardens Annual Garden Fair. More info.
• Cape Town Earth Fair Market in Tokai. More info.
• Rust an Vrede Market in Durbanville. More info.
For concerts and theatre events taking place all over South Africa in March 2017 click here.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that you always should check directly with Cape Town events in March. Changes to costs, location and time might occur, so always confirm with the event organizer in the links above.
If you are looking for tickets for these and other events in March in Cape Town, please refer to these websites:
There you can find more info on events in Cape Town.
Do you know of any events in March in the Cape Town area which are worth adding here? Please contact us and share your info. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help.