Are you looking for great Cape Town Kids Activities for the upcoming Easter school holidays? South Africa's autumn school holidays are just around the corner. Schools all over South Africa are on holiday break the first week in April when the first school term ends, and public schools will be closed from 29 March until 9 April 2018. Be aware that private schools might have different holiday times and opening dates, some schools already break up earlier or later! So make sure to check your children's school calendar and check common official closure times here.
On ExpatCapeTown, you will find here some great Cape Town kids activities to keep you little ones and your teenagers busy and happy when spending the school holidays in Mother City this autumn.
In ExpatCapeTown's guide to the school holidays, you will find out:
There are loads of Cape Town kids activities on offer in and around the Mother City besides the usual great attractions like going to the Bird Park in Hout Bay or watching the African Penguins in Simonstown or the many fabulous Cape Town museums where your kids will be entertained and where your children will gain also some wonderful new insights or can test their talents. Or you might want to give them some play time and have some hours for yourself.
And if are in Cape Town 'only' for a holiday? Then you might be happy to have a day to yourself for visiting some of Cape Town's best attractions without having the kids moan. There are many fun events planned! Simply enjoy your Cape Town shopping without feeling guilty, because your kids will have a great time mingling with other kids and making new friends. Here are some of the best kids activities you can find in Cape Town.
• Cape Town, Century City: Ratanga Junction Fun Park. Saturdays: until 24 March 2018. Open from 10am to 5pm. Then usual holiday opening times. With more than 25 attractions with rides, roller coasters and shows this park provides fun entertainment for the whole family. Tickets: From R70 for a fun pass (no rides, but shows) up to R179 for an Adventurer Ticket/R95 for kids under 1.3m. Please double-check and find more info here.
• Cape Town, Grand West Ice Station: Iceskating and Disco Night Fever on Ice at the Ice Station. School Holidays with many extra public skating sessions. Check the weblink for more info. Costs: Regular entrance fees apply. From R35 (skate rental extra from R40) Mini ice rink session R25. Spectators R40. More info.
• Cape Town, Muizenberg: Playtime at Planetkids. Great place for kids and drop-off from 3 years, with drop off facility. Playtime from R35 per hour. Open Wednesdays to Sundays and during school holidays. Popular party venue. More info.
• Cape Town, Woodstock: Science Centre. School Holiday activities: Water Warrior Programme 29 March to 9 April. For kids of various age groups. Code Club, Easter Egg Hunt, Speedcube competition and much more. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Iziko Museums. School Holiday shows at the Planetarium go with weekend schedule. Various age groups. Visit the new planetarium and Digital Dome. More here.
• Cape Town: Downhill Adventures 2018. Adventure activities with action packed adventure programs, half and full-day kids party adventures and day trips. How about taking the kids for sand boarding, stand-up paddling or surfing lessons in Cape Town this holiday or have a fun day with a quad biking and sand boarding combo in the Atlantis dunes, just north of Cape Town? More info.
• Cape Town, various suburbs: Sporting Chance: Rugby, Cricket, Soccer, Hockey and Multisport Workshops. 3 - 6 April 2018. Sports Clinics are held on various dates in Constantia and Newlands during the Easter holidays for children from ages 4 - 13. Rates from R150/day depending on sports activity and age of the child. Enquire directly and please mention you heard from us. More info.
• Cape Town, Newlands: Helen O'Grady Drama Academy. Drama Classes for children from ages 5 - 18 years. Enquire with the academy about your nearest branch and book your holiday programme now! More info.
• Cape Town, Kraaifontein: Bugz Easter Egg Hunt. March 2018. The largest playpark in the Western Cape celebrates with the kids. For kids aged 2 – 10 years old. Book your tickets ahead! More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Tales of Little Grey Rabbit. 29 March - 9 April 2018. Popular Kiddies Story. Tickets: R90. More info.
• Cape Town, Grant West: Funderland Family Festival and Kidz Expo. 28 March - 9 April 2018. 11-day family festival. Tickets: From R250. More info.
• Cape Town, Newlands Nassau Theatre: Pinocchio. 2 - 7 April 2018. Popular children's story. Tickets: R80 at computicket. More info
• Cape Town, Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC): Peppa Pig Live in South Africa. 6 - 8 April 2018. Global superstar in the preschool world comes to Cape Town. Tickets: From R199. More info.
• Paarl: World Schools Festival. 3 - 7 April 2018. top 10 schools in South Africa and 10 of the best school teams from around the world will form part of Paarl Boys' High School's 150-year anniversary celebrations. At the Brug Straat Sportscentre. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Springbok Experience Rugby Museum. Portswood House. Open 10h00 - 18h00 every day. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Easter Holiday Programme. 29 March to 9 April. Free. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Nic Bothma/EPA. Until 31 May 2018. Twenty-Seven Years of Photojournalism. Tickets: Children under 16 Free! Discounts for Wildcard holders and senior citizens, regular entry R100. More info.
Kids-Activities page - disclaimer: All dates, times and prices are subject to availability and can change. Call the event organizers if you have any questions and check for exact costs and times. Booking for most of these Cape Town kids activities and events is essential.
There is also great Cape Town kids activities and entertainment offered by the bigger shopping centers in Cape Town during school holiday times. In many Cape Town shopping malls you can leave your kids in a supervised area where they can enjoy painting, clay art, pantomime classes and many other great activities. Check for events in the best Cape Town shopping centers here.
Wishing you a fantastic time in Cape Town. Make sure to let us know about your experiences when you explore some of these fantastic Cape Town kids activities and excellent Cape Town holiday clubs and workshops. Best!