• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: 25 Live - A Night at the Circus. Until 1 September 2017. Zip Zap Circus and Parlotone celebrate! Tickets: From R250.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Face for Radio. 2 and 9 September 2017. Teacher turned comedian Dalin Oliver in his brand-new stand-up show. Tickets: from R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Woodstock: Cape Town Street Food Festival. 2 - 3 September 2017. Visit the Market or book a seat at a talk or for a dinner event. Takes place at the Side Street Studios. Entry tickets at the door or book your tickets via Quicket here.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: International Ballet Gala. 2 - 3 September 2017. With dancers from Russia, the USA and Asia. Tickets: From R120. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: La Cenerentola. 5 - 8 September 2017. UCT Symphony Orchestra and Opera School present Rossini's opera. Tickets: From R50. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Wonderland. 5 - 9 September 2017. Presented by the dancers of Introdans. Tickets from R85. More info.
• Cape Town, Cape Town Stadium: SA Innovation Summit. 6 - 8 September 2017. Tickets at Quicket: from R350. More info.
• Cape Town, Fugard Theatre: Cape Town Open Book Festival. 6 - 10 September 2017. Various Cape Town events in September. More info.
• Cape Town, Durbanville, Barnyard Theatre: 3 Tons of Fun. 9 September 2017. 10th Anniversary Celebrations. Tickets: R150. More info.
• Cape Town, various locations: Sunflower Fun Run as part of Sunflower Day 2017 (formerly referred to as Bandana Day! Wear your tope (or bandana) on 15 September 2017). 10 September 2017. Charity event to support the Sunflower Foundation. More info.
• Cape Town, Muizenberg: Broads on Broadway. 13 - 16 September 2017 at the Masque Theatre. Tickets: R120. More info.
• Cape Town, Greenpoint: Cape Town Marathon. 17 September 2017. Join in the 4.2km fun run in Green Point Park and Biodiversity Gardens. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Heritage Day. 24 September 2017. Entrance to the IzikoMuseums in Cape Town is free. Various events will take place throughout the city. Read more about Cape Town's museums here.
Events around Cape Town in the Western Cape
• Stellenbosch, Lourensford Wine Estate: Spring Twilight Market. 1 September 2017. More info.
• Paarl, Fairview Wine Estate: Fairview La Capra Goat Run. 9 September 2017. Charity event and festivities will be fun for the whole family. More info.
• Cape Town, Stellenbosch: Spier Steam Train Trip. Dates tbc. September 2017. Take the trip from Cape Town to the Cape Winelands/Spier Wine estate in a historic steam train with vintage coaches. Tickets for the Daytrip in 2016 were: R500/R400 for kids. More info.
• Franschhoek: Franschhoek Uncorked. 16 - 17 September 2017. Get your weekend pass for R150 and enjoy the festival. More info.
• Various Flower festivals in the Western Cape, check our special page here.
Flower Festivals in and around Cape Town
Admire the abundance of wildflowers in bloom around Cape Town. Spring flowers such as vygies, daisies and arum lilies color the lush greens after the rains. The South African wildflowers are protected by the way, so do not pick them or buy them at street vendors who sell them illegally and are not in possession of a permit. More about great Wildflower Festivals 2017 here.
More info on Cape Town events in September can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings. Any other Cape Town events in September which should be added here?
Please contact us and share your info. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help:-)
Do you want to be informed about great Cape Town events every month and read lots of interesting Cape Town Insider Tips, then subscribe to our ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.