• Cape Town, Camps Bay: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Until 5 November 2016. Popular family musical at the Theatre on the Bay. Tickets: From R95. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Karoo Moose. Until 24 September 2016. Highly acclaimed play that won numerous theatre awards finally returns to Cape Town with the original cast. Story in English with isiXhosa. Tickets: from R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Woodstock: Cape Town Street Food Festival. 2 - 4 September 2016. Visit the Market or book a seat at a talk or for a dinner event. Takes place at the Side Street Studios. Entry tickets at the door or book your tickets via Quicket here.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Sleeping Beauty. 2 - 18 September 2016. Cape Town City Ballet presents Tchaikovsky's classic. Tickets: from R90. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Dancers love Dogs. 6 September 2016. Charity event. Tickets: R375. Tickets at Computicket
• Cape Town, Fugard Theatre: Cape Town Open Book Festival. 7 - 11 September 2016. Various Cape Town events in September. More info.
• Cape Town, Muizenberg: Egoli - The Musical. 12 -17 September 2016 at the Masque Theatre. A Xhosa musical narrated in English. Tickets: R80. More info.
• Cape Town, Durbanville, Barnyard Theatre: The Parlotones. 14 - 15 September 2016. South African rock sensation. Tickets from R200. More info.
• Cape Town, Greenpoint: Cape Town Marathon. 18 September 2016. Join in the 4.2km fun run in Green Point Park and Biodiversity Gardens. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: 1976 Spirits. 23 - 24 September 2016. Musical explorations. Tickets: From R30.
• Cape Town, CBD: Heritage Day. 24 September 2016. Entrance to the IzikoMuseums in Cape Town is free. Various events will take place throughout the city.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: The Magic Flute. 27 September 2016 - 1 October 2016. Mozart classic presented by young talents of the UCT opera school. Tickets from R100. More info.
Events around Cape Town in the Western Cape
• Stellenbosch, Lourensford Wine Estate: Spring Twilight Market. 2 September 2016. More info.
• Cape Town, Stellenbosch: Spier Steam Train Trip. 4 and 25 September 2016. Take the trip from Cape Town to the Cape Winelands/Spier Wine estate in a historic steam train with vintage coaches. Tickets for the Daytrip: R500/R400 for kids. More info.
• Franschhoek: Franschhoek Uncorked. 24 - 25 September 2016. Get your weekend pass for R140 and enjoy the festival. More info.
• Various Flower festivals in the Western Cape, check our special page here.
Flower Festivals in and around Cape Town
Admire the abundance of wildflowers in bloom around Cape Town. Spring flowers such as vygies, daisies and arum lilies color the lush greens after the rains. The South African wildflowers are protected by the way, so do not pick them or buy them at street vendors who sell them illegally and are not in possession of a permit. More about great Wildflower Festivals 2016 here.
More info on Cape Town events in September can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings. Any other Cape Town events in September which should be added here?
Please contact us and share your info. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help:-)
Do you want to be informed about great Cape Town events every month and read lots of interesting Cape Town Insider Tips, then subscribe to our ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.