Do you want to find out about the best Cape Town events in October? Here in my events calendar there are great events in the Mother City for every taste and budget.
Springtime is a wonderful time in the Cape. The days finally are warmer and drier again and you will want to get out of the house or office as much as possible. How about celebrating the start of the sailing season in Table Bay harbour? This is a colourful event not to miss. Or what about whale-watching or going on a safari? There are some great game lodges around Cape Town and going on a safari is a must when in South Africa. Now is the best time in the year as there are all the animal babies to be seen. And remember, Spring school holidays are here as well. Public schools are closed from 30 September to 8 October 2017. More here.
Anyway, have a good look and find out what’s on in Cape Town this month. There are many exciting events happening in the Western Cape in October, that’s for sure.
• Cape Town, various venues: Cape Town Fringe Festival. 21 September until 8 October 2017. Tickets: From 40. More info.
• Cape Town, Newlands: Little Red Riding Hood. 2 - 7 October 2017. Show for the whole family at the Nassau Theatre. Tickets: R75 at Computicket. More info. See more School holiday events for kids here.
• Cape Town, Camps Bay: A Handful of Keys. Until 8 October 2017. Show for the whole family at the Theatre on the Bay. Tickets: From R120. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Wizard of Oz. 16 September 2017 - 8 October 2017. Popular musical for the whole family. Tickets: From R150. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Dance Festival. 4 - 15 October 2017. Showcasing the best of the dance scene. Tickets: From R40. More info.
• Cape Town, Grand West Arena: Bastille Live in South Africa. 4 October 2017. See the international stars perform in Cape Town's stunning casino complex. Tickets: from R350 at computicket. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: International Buskers' Festival. 5 - 8 October 2017. International Street Festival at the wonderful Cape Town waterfront. Free entry. More info.
• Cape Town, Simonstown: Penguin Festival. 7 October 2017. Annual fun event at Boulder's Beach from 10h - 14h. TBC. Entry is free.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: Blessing of the Fishing Fleet Festival. 7 - 8 October 2017. Join the annual celebrations of the Portuguese Community with activities and fun for the whole family. Tickets: R30. More info.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: Royal Yacht Club Season Opening Cruise. 7 October 2017. Official launch of the 2017 sailing season attracting a large fleet of sailing vessels which sail into the V&A Waterfront en mass and in salute of the Club’s Commodore. From 12h00 noon. More info.
• Cape Town, Greenpoint: Gun Run. 8 October 2017. You can still register for the run in Greenpoint until 24 September 2017. More info.
• Cape Town, Grand West Arena: Lady Antebellum. 13 October 2017. Grammy Winning Band on their 'You Look Good World Tour'. Tickets: from R490 at computicket. More info.
• Durbanville, Hillcrest Quarry: Champagne and Oyster Festival. 14 - 15 October 2017. Book at Computicket.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Jersey Boy. 19 - 20 October 2017. Showcasing Schalk Bezuidenhout one of the best comedians in South Africa. More info.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: Clipper Round The World Yacht Race. 19 - 21 October 2017. Free boat tours and meet the crews at the Yacht Village. Free entry. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Cape Town International Boat Show. 20 - 22 October 2017. The only one of its kind on the African continent. More info.
• Cape Town, Fugard Theatre: Shakespeare in Love. 25 October 2017 - 10 November 2017. South African premiere. Tickets: From R130. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Jesus Christ Superstar. 25 - 28 October 2017. Northlink College presents the 1970s rock opera. Tickets: R70/concessions apply. More info.
• Cape Town, Muizenberg: International Kite Festival. 28 - 29 October 2017. Amazing professional kiting display and colourful fun festival in Zandvlei. More info
• Cape Town, Gardens: South African Horrorfest with Metropolis. 28 October 2017. Film screened at The Labia. More info.
• Hermanus: Whale Festival. 29 September - 1 October 2017. Annual enviro-arts festival with entertainment for the whole family. More.
• Darling: Rocking the Daisies Festival. 5 - 8 October 2017. Cloof Wine Estate. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Craft Beer Festival - Oktoberfest. 14 October 2017. With 20 microbreweries from all over South Africa at Jean Marais Nature Reserve. Tickets: R100/ concessions available at Quicket.
• Robertson: Wine on the River Festival. 20 - 22 October 2017. Open-air festival on the Breede River in the Robertson Wine Valley. Tickets: From R120. More info.
• Durbanville Wine Valley: Season of Sauvignon Festival. 28 - 29 October 2017. Wine tasting, great food, live music and entertainment. More info.
Any other Cape Town events in October which we should add here? Please contact us and share your info Cape Town events in October. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. So add on you Cape Town events in october and contact us. Thanks a lot for your help:-)
Do you want to be informed about great Cape Town events every month and read lots of interesting Cape Town Insider Tips? Then subscribe to our ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.
More info on Cape Town events in October can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings.
Image credits: Royal Yacht Club, thanks for the info to Rozitta de Villiers from Waterfront Tourism.