Do you want to find out about the best Cape Town events in October? Here in my events calendar there are great events in the Mother City for every taste and budget.
Springtime is a wonderful time in the Cape. The days finally are warmer and drier again and you will want to get out of the house or office as much as possible. How about celebrating the start of the sailing season in Table Bay harbour? This is a colourful event not to miss. Or what about whale-watching or going on a safari? There are some great game lodges around Cape Town and going on a safari is a must when in South Africa. Now is the best time in the year as there are all the animal babies to be seen.
Anyway, have a good look and find out what’s on in Cape Town this month. There are many exciting events happening in the Western Cape in October, that’s for sure.
• Cape Town, various venues: Cape Town Fringe Festival. 22 September until 8 October 2016. Tickets: From R20/40. More info.
• Cape Town, Newlands: Pinocchio. 3- 8 October 2016. Popular children show at Nassau Theatre/Groote Schuur High School. Tickets: R70. View more events for kids for the school holidays here.
• Cape Town, Gardens: International Short Film Festival (Shnit). 6 - 9 October 2016. Films screened at The Labia. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Dance Festival. 6 - 15 October 2016. Showcasing the best of the dance scene. More info.
• Cape Town, Camps Bay: Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamboat. Throughout October 2016. Colourful and vibrant musical, brought to the stage at the Theatre on the Bay. Tickets: From R195. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: International Buskers' Festival. 6 - 9 October 2016. International Street Festival at the wonderful Cape Town waterfront. Free entry. More info.
• Cape Town, Simonstown: Penguin Festival. 8 October 2016. Annual fun event at Boulder's Beach from 10h - 14h. Entry is free. More info. Read more about the African penguins at Boulders here.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: Royal Yacht Club Season Opening Cruise. 8 October 2016. Official launch of the 2016 sailing season attracting a large fleet of sailing vessels which sail into the V&A Waterfront en mass and in salute of the Club’s Commodore. From 12h00 noon. More info.
• Cape Town, various venues: Bandana Day. 12 October 2016. Fundraising initiative all over the country. Read more.
• Durbanville, Hillcrest Quarry: Champagne and Oyster Festival. 15 - 16 October 2016. Tickets: R120. Book at Computicket.
• Cape Town, Greenpoint: Gun Run. 16 October 2016. You can still register for the 10km run in Greenpoint until 2 October 2016. More info.
• Cape Town, Grand West Arena: Julio Iglesias. 19 October 2016. See the international star perform in Cape Town's stunning casino complex. Tickets: from R350 at computicket. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Cape Town International Boat Show. 14 - 16 October 2016. The only one of its kind on the African continent. More info
• Cape Town, Fugard Theatre: Abdullah Ibrahim. 20 - 23 October 2016. Acclaimed pianist coming back to the stage for four days only in Cape Town. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Carmen. 20 - 28 October 2016. See the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra with this popular Bizet melodrama. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Blouberg: I Love Big Bay Market. 26 October 2016. More info.
• Hermanus: Whale Festival. 30 September - 2 October 2016. Annual enviro-arts festival with entertainment for the whole family. More.
• Darling: Rocking the Daisies Festival. 6 - 9 October 2016. Kloof Wine Estate. More info.
• Robertson: Wine on the River Festival. 14 - 16 October 2016. Open-air festival on the Breede River in the Robertson Wine Valley. Tickets: From R80. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Craft Beer Festival - Oktoberfest. 15 October 2016. With 20 microbreweries from all over South Africa at Jean Marais Nature Reserve. Tickets at Quicket.
• Durbanville Wine Valley: Season of Sauvignon Festival. 29 - 30 October 2016. Wine tasting, great food, live music and entertainment. More info.
Any other events in the Cape Town area which we should add here? Please contact us and share your info Cape Town events in October. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. So add on you Cape Town events in october and contact us. Thanks a lot for your help:-)
Do you want to be informed about great Cape Town events every month and read lots of interesting Cape Town Insider Tips? Then subscribe to our ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.
More info on Cape Town events in October can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings.
Image credits: Royal Yacht Club, thanks for the info to Rozitta de Villiers from Waterfront Tourism.