Are you looking for great Cape Town events in November? Then have a good look at our events calendar and see what’s on in Cape Town this month. You will find many exciting events happening in the Mother City in November, you will love to join in. The South Easter winds already started to blow again, the rain is gone again and we can expect the hot summer days in town soon.
After the various amazing opera productions this year which fascinated not only the Capetonians, another great international show success is coming to Cape Town this festive season: The Magic Flute and later in the month the annual summer concert series in Kirstenbosch will open with a concert from Ismaël Lô from Senegal. These surely will be great events in the Mother City this month.
Now that the temperatures are warmer, make sure to enjoy nature and make most of the sunshine and Cape Town’s wonderful beaches. Did you know that Cape Town has got several Blue Flag beaches? These prestigious awards are given only to communities with really clean beaches and great amenities for its visitors. So if you have not been to theses great beaches, visit them before the South Easter peaks up. Read more about the Blue Flag Beaches in Cape Town. So here are some of the best Cape Town events in November 2017.
• Cape Town, Constantia: Constantia Gift Fair. 8 - 12 November 2017. Lifestyle event full of inspirational ideas and innovative products. Home and garden accessories, fashion and must-have gifts. Deli section and life music. Entrance: R30 for adults. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: First Thursdays. 2 November 2017. Join in and visit the cultural attractions, galleries and boutiques in the CBD which stay open late, usually until 9pm. More info.
• Durbanville, Barnyard Theatre: Nineties vs Noughties/1990s vs 2000s. Throughout November 2017. Which decade rocked our world the most? Tickets: From R110. More info.
• Cape Town, Greenpoint: The Colour Run. 18 November 2017. The happiest 5k run in Greenpoint. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Auntie Merle - The Musical. 30 November 2017 - 13 January 2018. Featuring one of South Africa's most loved comedians Mark Lottering. Tickets: From R100. More info
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Interplay. 4 - 11 November 2017. The Cape Dance Company returns to Cape Town. Tickets: From R130. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Volvo Ocean Race Stopover. 14 November 2017 - 10 December 2017. Join in the international vibe at the Ocean Life Festival. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: The Magic Flute. 23 November 2017 - 10 December 2017. Mozart's opera presented by Cape Town Opera. Tickets: From R100 at computicket. More info
• Cape Town, Newlands: Kirstenbosch Summer Concert Season starts with Ismaël Lô. 19 November 2017. See South Africa's most popular local and international singers/songwriters and experience the wonderful atmosphere at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. Tickets at webtickets.co.za. More info.
• Cape Town, Castle of Good Hope: Sizzled. 26 November 2017. Summer music and food festival at the Castle. More info.
This is the season... Cape Town already is prepared for Christmas and there are many markets to experience the festive atmosphere. Read about the various markets taking place in November and December 2016 on our special page:
• Cape Town, Alliance Francaise: French Cine-Club. In November 2017, every Tuesday at 7pm. View French films and meet new people. More info.
• Cape Town, Tamboerskloof: DSK Bazaar. 4 November 2017. Join in the fun activities, enjoy German delicatessen, beer and music at the annual bazaar at the German school in Cape Town. Tickets: R50. More info.
• Stellenbosch, Vergenoegd Wine Estate: A Taste of Belgium. 18 November 2017. It's a unique day where you will be able to enjoy an outdoor market with all its famous Belgian specialties. The Vergenoegd Wine Estate is famous for it's duck parade. 1070 ducks will run during our market at 10h30, 12h30 and 15h30. Don’t miss out on this unique attraction. More info.
Do you know any other Cape Town events in November we should add here? Please contact us and share your info. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Please refer to Cape Town events in November. Thanks a lot for your help:) Get regular updates about the best Cape Town events in my ExpatCapeTown Blog and get more Cape Town Insider Tips, when you subscribe to ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.