Are you looking for great Cape Town events in November? Then have a good look at our events calendar and see what’s on in Cape Town this month. You will find many exciting events happening in the Mother City in November, you will love to join in. The South Easter winds already started to blow again, the rain is gone again and we can expect the hot summer days in town soon.
After the various amazing opera productions this year which fascinated not only the Capetonians, another great international show success is coming to Cape Town this festive season: Cirque Eloize ID and later in the month the annual summer concert series in Kirstenbosch will open with a most promising Jimmy Nevis concert. Both will surely be great events in the Mother City this month.
Now that the temperatures are warmer, make sure to enjoy nature and make most of the sunshine and Cape Town’s wonderful beaches. Did you know that Cape Town has got several Blue Flag beaches? These prestigious awards are given only to communities with really clean beaches and great amenities for its visitors. So if you have not been to theses great beaches, visit them before the South Easter peaks up. Read more about the Blue Flag Beaches in Cape Town. So here are some of the best Cape Town events in November 2016.
• Cape Town, Constantia: Constantia Gift Fair. 2 - 6 November 2016. Lifestyle event full of inspirational ideas and innovative products. Home and garden accessories, fashion and must-have gifts. Deli section and life music. Entrance: R30 for adults. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: First Thursdays. 3 November 2016. Join in and visit the cultural attractions, galleries and boutiques in the CBD which stay open late, usually until 9pm. More info.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: 1% Privilege in a Time of Global Inequality - Photo Exhibition. 4 November 2016 - February 2017. Exhibition of amazing images by the world's leading photographers, on world tour, now at the Chavonnes Battery museum near the clocktower. More info.
• Cape Town, Somerset West: Contego Wines2Whales Ride, 4 - 6 November 2016. Watch this MTB adventure race which starts at Lourensford Wine Estate ending in Hermanus More info.
• Franschhoek: Craft Beer and Wine Festival. 5 November 2016. Combine Christmas Shopping with wine tasting and mingling with locals. With live entertainment at Moreson Wine Farm. Tickets: R180 at Webtickets
• Durbanville, Barnyard Theatre: Six of the Best. Throughout November 2016. Tribute Show to Freddie Mercury, Bon Jovi, Meat Loaf, Billy Joel, Cher & Pink. Tickets: R140. More info.
• Cape Town, Greenpoint: The Colour Run. 12 November 2016. The happiest 5k run in Greenpoint. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Hashtag - Lottering! 15 November - 3 December 2016. Featuring one of South Africa's most loved comedians. Tickets: From R75. More info
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Cirque Eloize ID. 16 - 27 November 2016. Directed by Jeannot Painchaud. Tickets: From R175. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Daniel Baron. 19 November 2016. Free concert at the amphitheatre. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Orfeo. 19 - 26 November 2016. Monteverdi's opera presented by Cape Town Opera School. Tickets: From R200 at computicket. More info
• Cape Town, Newlands: Kirstenbosch Summer Concert Season starts with Jimmy Nevis. 20 November 2016. See one of South Africa's most popular local singer/songwriter and experience the wonderful atmosphere at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. Tickets: R165 at webtickets.co.za. More info.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Cape Town Festival of Beer. 25 - 27 November 2016. Join the crowds at this annual beerfestival at Hamilton's Rugby Club. Over 200 different beers from more than 60 breweries. More info.
• Cape Town, Castle of Good Hope: Cape Town Military Tattoo. Cancelled for 2016. - now only held bi-annually, next in November 2017. Drums and Pipes and History Live.
This is the season... Cape Town already is prepared for Christmas and there are many markets to experience the festive atmosphere. Read about the various markets taking place in November and December 2016 on our special page:
• Cape Town, Alliance Francaise: French Cine-Club. In November 2016, every Tuesday at 7pm. View French films and meet new people. More info.
• Cape Town, Tamboerskloof: DSK Bazaar. 5 November 2016. Join in the fun activities, enjoy German delicatessen, beer and music at the annual bazaar at the German school in Cape Town. Tickets: R40. More info.
• Cape Winelands: Cape Summer Fun Crawl. 19 - 20 November 2016. Tickets: R150 for both days for free entrance at a variety of attractions in the winelands. More info.
Do you know any other Cape Town events in November we should add here? Please contact us and share your info. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Please refer to Cape Town events in November. Thanks a lot for your help:) Get regular updates about the best Cape Town events in my ExpatCapeTown Blog and get more Cape Town Insider Tips, when you subscribe to ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.