Cape Town After School Activities
Fun Clubs and Private Tuition
Our Cape Town After School Activities Listing is just a start for u to help you explore the manifold opportunities for exercise and stimulation to keep your kids entertained and motivated.
Let's start with fun sports classes to get your child energised and motivated. Physical exercise classes are vital for any child's development and unfortunately not all schools in Cape Town offer private sports tuition after school. Here is our list of recommended sports coaches and sports academies.
Extramural Sports and Fitness Classes
Cape Town After School Activities:
Arts and Music
Arts and Music Classes bring out the creative potential in your children.
- Arts: The Frank Joubert Arts Centre in Newlands offers a wide variety of classes to high school children and an extramural program for kids of all ages.
- Painting: Artjamming provides freestyle paining sessions.
- Ceramics Painting: Clay Cafe in Hout Bay offers fun sessions for kids and adults and hosts birthday parties
- Music and Orchestra: Hugo Lambrechts Music Centre in Parow. Oldest and biggest music school in the Cape.
- Music: Kindermusik offers music classes for children up to 7 years
- Drama classes: Helen O’Grady Drama Academy offers weekly classes and
- Performing Arts: Stagecoach offers acting, singing and drama classes to children from 4 years to 18 years
Maths, Science and Language Tuition
Let's not forget these learning centres offering extension classes for the under motivated and support classes for all those who need a little bit of extra help with school.
For maths and science extension classes as well as remedial and support
lessons with private tutors for improving confidence, try the following cents:
- Maths: Kumon: Maths classes and private tuition. Various locations throughout Cape Town.
- Maths: Mastermaths. Various centres. Grade 4 to Grade 12
- Physical Science: Masterscience. Various centres. Physical science tuition for grades 10 – 12.
- English: KipMcGrath education centres in Durbanville or Somerset West.
- Italian Language Classes: Scuola Italiana
- French, Spanish and Portuguese Language Classes: Alliance Francaise
- German Language Classes: Goethe Institut
Find more Language Schools in Cape Town here
Need more insights into family life and tips for living in South Africa?
Image Credits on Cape Town After school activities page: shutterstock.com and own images
Return to our Cape Town Schools Guide
Back from Cape Town After School Activities to Expat Cape Town Homepage
Feb 07, 17 07:21 AM
The best Cape Town Events in February 2017 at one glance, information and links included too.
Jan 23, 17 10:37 AM
Discover why Cape Town attracts so many tourists and expatriates and why it is one of the best destinations for travel and expat living
Jan 23, 17 07:23 AM
The Expat Cape Town School Calendar 2017 with school holidays of public and private schools