Are you looking for great Cape Town New Years Eve events in December 2016? Would you like to get some tips on where to go and what to do?
Do you want to celebrate New Year in Cape Town? How to join in the special welcome for the New Year 2017 in the Mother City? Here find our top 15 tips for ushering in the new year in South Africa.
• Cape Town: V&A Waterfront Amphitheatre Concert and Fireworks. 31 December 2016. Starts at 18.30h, ends at 2.00am. With fireworks at Midnight. Free entrance with lots of entertainment with live bands in four activity zones: earth, wind, fire and water. Parking is probably best in the Silo district or Breakwater Parking from Beach Road entrance. What better start into 2017 could you wish for? More info.
• Cape Town, Newlands: Kirstenbosch Botanic Gardens New Years Eve Concert 2016. Open air concert with Johnny Clegg and Slow Jack in one of the city's most wonderful settings. Tickets are R375 for entry and concert.
• Cape Town, Goodwood: Grand West Casino New Years Eve Party Kings, Queens and Divas. Dance the night away to great music at the Casino. With Dance Show at the Roxy Revue Bar. Tickets incl. a glass of bubbly, show starts at 22h30. TBC.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: Cape Town Carnival New Years Eve Party 2016. Celebrate the beginning of the New Year in the ballroom of Table Bay Hotel. Dinner, dance and entertainment. Starting at 18h00. Tickets: R2,600. More info.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: An African Odyssey - New Years Eve Dinner. Indigenous flavours and authentic South African dishes in 6-course-menu at the majestic Table Bay Hotel. Starting at 18h00. Tickets: R2,750. More info.
• Cape Town, Sea Point: New Years Eve Ball. Celebrate the beginning of the New Year in style at Harvey's at the Winchester Mansions. Dinner, dance and entertainment. Starting at 18h30 with sundowners. Tickets from R1,800. More info.
• Cape Town, Camps Bay: New Years Eve Dinner 2016 at Tides. Book your tickets early at the Table Bay Hotel. Tickets: R895
• Cape Town, CBD: HQ New Year's Eve Party: Tropical Paradise. Groove into 2017 in Style. With canapés, cocktails, 3 course meal and entertainment. Tickets: R700. More info from Matt at HQrestaurant.co.za
• Cape Town, Waterfront: Shimmy's New Years Eve Extravaganza. Glitzy NYE Party at Shimmy Beach Club. Starting at 21h00. Tickets: TBC.
• Cape Town, CBD: Metro FM NYE Party. Tap into 2016 at CTICC. Starting at 19h00. Tickets: From R180. Tickets at Computicket.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: New Year Eve at Reuben's. Celebrate into 2017 at the One&Only Hotel with a 6-course-dinner and entertainment. Tickets: From R2,500. Tickets at One&Only reservations.
• Cape Town, Newlands: New Years at Kelvin Grove Club 2016. Celebrate at Cape Town's biggest social and sports club. Tickets are R600 for entry and concert. Club's website.
• Cape Town, Table Mountain: Table Mountain New Years Eve Celebrations. Please take note: the cable way closes at 21h30 on New Year's Eve. More info.
• Stellenbosch: New Year Eve Celebrations. This year's party will take place on the Oude Libertas in Stellenbosch. The Concert with band and open dance floor will start at 20h15 and lasts until 0h30 on 1 January 2017. Tickets around R220 for adults/R100 on the lawns. Great to take a picnic and listen to the music and see the popular movie 'Dinner for One'. TBC.
• Durbanville Wine Valley: Rezonance New Years Eve Festival. From 31 December 2016 until 2 January 2017. Three day festival with loads of different music styles and bands on two stages in beautiful surrounding of Contermanskloof, roughly 20 minutes north of Cape Town. With more than 70 local and international bands it is one of the biggest open-air festivals in South Africa. Tickets from R500 at various outlets all over Cape Town. More info. TBC
Any comments to my Cape Town New Years Eve Tips? Then please contact us.