Here are our recommendations for some of the best Cape Town Events January 2017. Check out our Cape Town events calendar below. Here, you will find many exciting Cape Town events January happening in the Mother City, which you will love to join. So enjoy summer time in Cape Town and have a fabulous start into the new year.
Celebrate the New Year 2017 in true Cape Town style when visiting the Mother City’s Minstrel Carnival. Colours abound and cheerfulness abound when the minstrel bands march through Cape Town’s city centre. Capetonians in beautiful bright fancy costumes are cheered by their many fans, locals as well as tourists who will enjoy the festivities either along Adderley Street or in Greenpoint.
There are many other great Cape Town events in January 2017 you can enjoy while visiting or living in Cape Town. The choice is overwhelming from colourful festivals to sporting events to the many magical musical shows or concerts. And do not forget to visit the beaches. Click here for Cape Town’s blue flag beaches.
Cape Town, City Center: Tweede Nuwe Jaar Minstrel Carnival. 2 January 2017. Popular march through the city starts at 1pm. Please be aware of the many street closures.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Kaapse Jol. Until 14 January 2017. Comedy Show with Mark Lottering, one of South Africa's best comedians. Tickets: From R140. More info.
• Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens: Kirstenbosch Summer Concerts. 1/8/15/22/29 January 2017. With The Parlotones, Goldfish and other popular South African and international bands. Tickets: From R125. Concessions available. More info.
• Cape Town, Kenilworth: L'Ormarins Queens Plate. 6 - 7 January 2017. Prestigious Cape Town horse race. General Access: From R350. Booking at Computicket.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Michael Jackson - History Show. 19 - 29 January 2017. Tickets: From R10. More info.
• Cape Town, Maynardville Open Air Theatre: Twelfth Night. 21 January 2017 until 25 February 2017. Shakespeare's masterpiece to be enjoyed in unique outdoor setting. Tickets: From R120. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Hashtag Lottering! 17 January 2017 - 4 February 2017. Comedy Show with Mark Lottering, one of South Africa's best comedians. Tickets: From R75. More info.
• Stellenbosch, Oude Libertas: Richard Cock and the Cape Philharmonic Orchestra. 14 January 2017. With the much celebrated South African philharmonic orchestra. Tickets: R200. More info.
• Cape Town, City Hall: Viennese New Year Concert. 7 January 2017. With the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra. Cost: From R80. Booking at Computicket or see more info here.
• Cape Town, Kenilworth: Sun Met Horserace. 28 January 2017. Previously called the J & B Met is the most prestigious horse racing event in Cape Town. This year's theme: Decades of Glamour. General Access: R125. More info or see more info on last year's event here.
• Cape Town, various locations. Galileo Open Air Cinema. Throughout January 2017. Tickets: From R79. Booking at Computicket or see more info here.
More info on Cape Town Events January can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings. Photo Credit: Cape Town Minstrels Carnival Association