Here are our recommendations for some of the best Cape Town Events January 2016.
Check out our Cape Town events calendar below. Here, you will find many exciting Cape Town events January happening in the Mother City, which you will love to join. So enjoy summer time in Cape Town and have a fabulous start into the new year.
Celebrate the New Year 2016 in true Cape Town style when visiting the Mother City’s Minstrel Carnival. Colours abound and cheerfulness abound when the minstrel bands march through Cape Town’s city centre. Capetonians in beautiful bright fancy costumes are cheered by their many fans, locals as well as tourists who will enjoy the festivities either along Adderley Street or in Greenpoint.
There are many other great Cape Town events in January 2016 you can enjoy while visiting or living in Cape Town. The choice is overwhelming from colourful festivals to sporting events to the many magical musical shows or concerts. And do not forget to visit the beaches.
Cape Town, City Center: Tweede Nuwe Jaar Minstrel Carnival. 2 January 2016. Popular march through the city starts at 1pm. Please be aware of the many street closures.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Singing' in the Rain. Until 10 January 2016. Musical at its best. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Grand West Casino Complex: Kings, Queens and Divas. Until 9 January 2016 at the Roxy Bar. Tickets: R90. More info. Booking at Computicket.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Stuart Taylor's 2015 in Review. 1 - 9 January 2016. Comedy Show with Stuart Taylor, the hilarious Mel Jones and Oscar Pietersen. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens: Kirstenbosch Summer Concerts. 3/10/17/24/31 January 2016. With The Parlotones/Prime Circle/Karen Zoid and Francois van Cooke/Mi Casa/The Soil. Tickets: From R150. Concessions available. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Swan Lake on Ice. 14 - 31 January 2016. With the Imperial Ice Stars. Tickets: From R125. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Bangalory's Back. Until 9 January 2016. Much-loved children's book presented in an interactive show for the whole family during the school holidays. Tickets: R95 More info.
• Cape Town, Kenilworth: L'Ormarins Queens Plate. 9 January 2016. Prestigious Cape Town horse race. General Access: From R300. Booking at Computicket.
• Elgin Valley, Paul Cluver Wine Estate: The Parlotones. 2 January 2016. See South Africa's top rock band live and enjoy the great open-air concert atmosphere in the beautiful amphitheatre. Tickets: R300, book at computicket.
• Cape Town, Maynardville Open Air Theatre: Othello. 26 January 2016 until 23 February 2016. Shakespeare's masterpiece to be enjoyed in unique outdoor setting. Tickets: From R80. More info. Book at Computicket.
• Stellenbosch, Oude Libertas: Richard Cock and the Cape Philharmonic Orchestra. 16 January 2016. With the much celebrated South African philharmonic orchestra. Tickets: R200. More info.
• Cape Town, City Hall: Viennese New Year Concert. 17 January 2016. With the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra. Cost: From R75. Booking at Computicket or see more info here.
• Stellenbosch, Oude Libertas: Tango - Language of Love. Tangotaal. 23 January 2016. Tickets: From R180.
• Cape Town, various locations. Galileo Open Air Cinema. Throughout January 2016. Tickets: From R79. Booking at Computicket or see more info here.
• Stellenbosch: Harvest Parade. 30 January 2016. As part of the Stellenbosch Wine Festival taking place at the beginning of February. Tickets: From R150. More info.
For more Cape Town events January 2016 for families with children
More info on Cape Town Events January can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com