There are many exciting Cape Town events in February happening which you will love to join while living in the Mother City.
February is usually the hottest month in Cape Town, not only for the high temperatures in the Mother City, but also for some of the best events, exhibitions and festivals in South Africa. Make the most of the usually hot Cape Town weather in February, so visit the city’s awesome beaches. The evenings now are more and more wind free and balmy and you should make a plan to add in an outing to Kirstenbosch or some of the Cape wine farms to enjoy one of the awesome open air concerts. If you a fan of classical or pop music, this month is very special with lots of extraordinary concerts in Cape Town. And if you are happy to join a hands-on-wine harvest, well, a visit to the Cape Winelands is certainly a must.
So here they are some of the best Cape Town events in February for visitors, expats and residents.
• Cape Town, Artscape Opera House: Summer Symphony Season. 1/8/15/18 February 2018. Tickets: From R90. More info.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Cape Town Tens. At Hamilton's Rugby club. 1 - 3 February 2018. More info.
• Cape Town, Big Bay. Red Bull King of the Air. 27 January - 11 February 2018. Free entrance. Watch the spectacular riders find their kitesurfing champion from all over the world when they somersault and speed across the waves. More info.
• Cape Town, Waterfront: Underwater Photographer of the Year - Photo Exhibition at the Chavonnes Battery Museum. Until February 2018. Exhibition of amazing images by the world's leading photographers, on world tour, now at the Chavonnes Battery museum near the clocktower. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Tsotsi the Musical. Athol Fugard's award-winning story brought to stage. From 8 February 2018. Tickets: From R125. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Snoopy the Musical. Fun musical for the whole family. From 9 - 18 February 2018. Tickets: R170. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Funny you should say that. 22 January 2018 - 3 February 2018. Comedy Show with Stuart Taylor, one of South Africa's best comedians. Tickets: From R80. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: State of the Nation Address (SONA) - Opening of Parliament. 8 February 2018. Road closures in and around the CBD on Thursday - and for rehearsals on Tuesday and Wednesday evening see more info (from 2017, but same roads will be affected in 2018!) here.
• Cape Town, Maynardville Open-Air Theatre: The Taming of the Shrew. 7 February - 1 March 2018. Shakespeare's battle of the sexes, this time performed by an all female cast! Tickets: From R110. More info.
• Cape Town, various locations: Galileo Open-Air Cinema at the Waterfront, Kirstenbosch Gardens, Hillcrest Quarry. Throughout February. Various evening screenings. Tickets: From R89. Check the programme here.
• Cape Town, Fugard Theatre: King Kong. South African hit musical, featuring 9-member live band. Until 4 March 2018. Tickets: From R130. More info.
• Cape Town, CTICC: Cape Town Art Fair. 16 - 18 February 2018. Contemporary Art from Africa and around the world. More info.
• Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Gardens: Cape Town Folk 'n Acoustic Music Festival. 18 February 2018. Tickets: from R135, concessions apply. Read more about the Kirstenbosch Summer Concert Series here
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Design Indaba. 21 - 24 February 2018. Conference and Exhibits. More info.
• Cape Town, Woodstock: Gin & Tonic Festival at the Biscuit Mill. 25 February 2018. Tickets: From R150. More info.
• Cape Town, Newlands: Cape Town Burns Night. 10 February 2018. Scottish culture and charitable event at Kelvin Grove Club. Tickets: R650. Contact Claire.
• Cape Town, Alliance Francaise: French Films in Cape Town. Every Tuesday at 7pm. Free entrance. More info.
• Stellenbosch, Oude Libertas Amphitheatre: Mandolino Napoletano. 17 February 2018. Experience the stunning open-air setting. With the Aron Sariel Ensemble. Tickets: From R190.
• Cape Town, CBD: Underdose. Poetry reading with Italian poet Corrado Calibre'. 22 February 2018 at the Cape Town Centre of the Book in 62 Victoria Street. Contact.
• Robertson: Robertson Wine Valley Harvest Festival 2018. This hands-on harvest festival is always a hit at harvest time. From 23 - 25 February 2018, you can join in grape picking and stomping, taste the local wines and buy loads of goodies at the harvest market. More info.
• Stellenbosch, Coetzenburg Sports Grounds: Harvest and Wine Festival. 23 - 25 February 2018. Showcase of hundreds of wines from award-winning producers of the region. More info.
• Grabouw, Hope @Paul Cluver: Watershed. 24 February 2018. One of South Africa's most popular artists and leading acoustic rock band. Tickets: R270. More info.
• Franschhoek: Grand Provence Harvest Festival 2018. 24 February 2018. Wine tasting, grape picking and stomping, harvest feast all included. Tickets cost in 2016: R750/400 for children under 12. More info.
If you know about other great Cape Town events February 2018, please contact me.
Are you interested in updates and other Cape Town Insider Tips? Then please bookmark this site and subscribe to our ExpatCapeTown Newsletter
More info on Cape Town Events in February can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, and on webtickets.co.za, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings.
Disclaimer: Please always check dates and times, as these can change. Bookings are always advised. Photo Credit: Penguins at Boulders Beach