There are many exciting Cape Town events in February happening which you will love to join while living in the Mother City.
February is usually the hottest month in Cape Town, not only for the high temperatures in the Mother City, but also for some of the best events, exhibitions and festivals in South Africa.
Make the most of the usually hot Cape Town weather in February, so visit the city’s awesome beaches.The evenings now are more and more wind free and balmy and you should make a plan to add in an outing to Kirstenbosch to enjoy one of the awesome open air concerts. If you a fan of classical or pop music, this month is very special with lots of extraordinary concerts in Cape Town. And if you are happy to join a hands-on-wine harvest, well, a visit to the Cape Winelands is certainly a must.
So here they are some of the best Cape Town events in February for visitors, expats and residents.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Night & Day - Cole Porter in Dance. Until 21 February 2016. Cole Porter's popular music again interpreted in dance in Cape Town, with performances of the fabulous Cape Town City Ballet. Tickets: From R130. More info.
• Cape Town, Maynardville Open-Air Theatre: Othello. 26 January until 23 February 2016. Shakespeare in the Park. See this splendid production of Shakespeare’s drama in a fabulous open-air setting. Tickets: From R120. More info.
• Cape Town, various locations: Open-Air Cinema at the Waterfront, Kirstenbosch Gardens, Hillcrest Quarry. Until 29 April 2016. Various evening screenings. Tickets: From R90 (R79 - if you buy online!). Check the programme here.
• Cape Town, Fugard Theatre: District Six Kanala. David Kramer's show relives the stories and talents of the District Six. Must see! From 2 February 2016. Tickets: From R130. More info.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Cape Town Tens. At Hamilton's Rugby club. 4 - 6 February 2016. More info.
• Cape Town, Cape Town City Hall: Cape Town Electronic Music Festival. 5 - 7 February 2016. One day passes from R300. More info.
• Stellenbosch, Oude Libertas Amphitheatre: Die Entfuehrung aus dem Serail. 12 February 2016. Opera in stunning open-air setting. With UCT opera students. Tickets: From R180. More info.
• Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Gardens: Cape Town Folk n' Acoustic Music Festival. 7 February 2016. Tickets: R150, concessions apply. Read more about the Kirstenbosch Summer Concert Series here.
• Cape Town, CTICC: Design Indaba. February 2016 (Date to be confirmed). See the hottest creations in contemporary South African design and be inspired by this annual exhibition promoting local creativity. Tickets: R80. Children under 10yrs. free, Scholars R50, Students and Pensioners R60. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre Complex: Design Indaba Conference. 17 - 19 February 2016. Meet the most acclaimed creators of contemporary South African design and global designers at the new conference venue for this year's Design Indaba. Tickets for the Conference: from R1,400. More info.
• Cape Town, CTICC: Cape Town Art Fair. 19 - 21 February 2016. Contemporary Art from Africa and around the world. More info.
•Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Guild International Design Fair. Not on in 2016. Only back in February 2017 (TBC) Cape Town Art Fair.
• Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Gardens: Goldfish. 21 February 2016. Tickets: R150, concessions apply. Read more about the Kirstenbosch Summer Concert Series here
• Stellenbosch, Oude Libertas Amphitheatre: Africa Africa in Afrikaans. Unique music production with South African highlights. 27 February 2016. Tickets: From R180.
• Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Gardens: Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra. 28 February 2016. Tickets: R150, concessions apply. Read more about the Kirstenbosch Summer Concert Series here.
• Cape Town, Alliance Francaise: French Films in Cape Town. Every Tuesday at 7pm. Free entrance. More info.
• Stellenbosch, Oude Libertas Amphitheatre: Eine kleine Nachtmusik. 16 February 2016. Experience the stunning open-air setting. With German artists. Tickets: From R190.
• Robertson: Robertson Wine Valley Harvest Festival 2016. This hands-on harvest festival is always a hit at harvest time. From 6 February 2016 until 27 March 2016, you can join in grape picking and stomping, taste the local wines and buy loads of goodies at the harvest market. More info.
• Grabouw, Paul Cluver Open-Air Cinema: Karen Zoid and Fracoise van Coke. 6 February 2016. Some of South Africa's top musicians and singers. Tickets: R280
• Grabouw, Hope @Paul Cluver: Movie under the Stars: Moulin Rouge. 13 February 2016. Romantic Valentine's Day setting. More info.
• Franschhoek: Grand Provence Harvest Festival 2016. Wine tasting, grape picking and stomping, harvest feast all included. Tickets: R650/350 for children under 12. 20 February 2016. More info
If you know about other great Cape Town events February 2016, please contact me.
Are you interested in updates and other Cape Town Insider Tips? Then please bookmark this site and subscribe to ExpatCapeTown Newsletter
More info on Cape Town Events in February can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, and on webtickets.co.za, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings.
Disclaimer: Please always check dates and times, as these can change. Bookings are always advised.
Photo Credit: Penguins at Boulders Beach/Shutterstock.com