There are many exciting Cape Town events in February happening which you will love to join while living in the Mother City.
February is usually the hottest month in Cape Town, not only for the high temperatures in the Mother City, but also for some of the best events, exhibitions and festivals in South Africa. Make the most of the usually hot Cape Town weather in February, so visit the city’s awesome beaches.The evenings now are more and more wind free and balmy and you should make a plan to add in an outing to Kirstenbosch to enjoy one of the awesome open air concerts. If you a fan of classical or pop music, this month is very special with lots of extraordinary concerts in Cape Town. And if you are happy to join a hands-on-wine harvest, well, a visit to the Cape Winelands is certainly a must.
So here they are some of the best Cape Town events in February for visitors, expats and residents.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Cape Town Tens. At Hamilton's Rugby club. 2 - 4 February 2017. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Hashtag Lottering! Until 4 February 2017. Comedy Show with Mark Lottering, one of South Africa's best comedians. Tickets: From R75. More info.
• Cape Town, Maynardville Open-Air Theatre: Twelfth Night. Until 25 February 2017. Shakespeare in the Park. See this splendid production of Shakespeare’s drama in a fabulous open-air setting. Tickets: From R120. More info.
• Cape Town, various locations: Open-Air Cinema at the Waterfront, Kirstenbosch Gardens, Hillcrest Quarry. Throughout February. Various evening screenings. Tickets: From R90 (R79 - if you buy online!). Check the programme here.
• Cape Town, Cape Town City Hall: Cape Town Electronic Music Festival (CTEMF). 7 - 12 February 2017. One day passes from R400. More info.
• Cape Town, Fugard Theatre: The Mother. Florian Zeller's story in a South African premiere, featuring an all South African cast. From 7 February 2017 until 4 March 2017. Tickets: From R130. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Rigoletto. 11 - 18 February 2017. Verdi's masterpiece interpreted by Metropolitan opera singer Fikile Mvinjelwa. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, CTICC: Cape Town Art Fair. 17 - 19 February 2017. Contemporary Art from Africa and around the world. More info.
• Cape Town, Kirstenbosch Gardens: Goldfish. 19 February 2017. Tickets: from R125, concessions apply. Read more about the Kirstenbosch Summer Concert Series here
• Cape Town, CTICC: Design Indaba. end of February 2017 (Dates to be confirmed). See the hottest creations in contemporary South African design and be inspired by this annual exhibition promoting local creativity. More info.
• Cape Town, Alliance Francaise: French Films in Cape Town. Every Tuesday at 7pm. Free entrance. More info.
• Stellenbosch, Oude Libertas Amphitheatre: Spanish Evening with Antonio Galera. 17 February 2017. Experience the stunning open-air setting. With Antonio Galera and dancers from the Bovim Ballet. Tickets: From R190.
• Stellenbosch, Oude Libertas Amphitheatre: Riel Dans. Unique award-winning South African dance production with Die Nuwe Graskoue Trappers. 5 February 2017. Tickets: From R120.
• Robertson: Robertson Wine Valley Harvest Festival 2017. This hands-on harvest festival is always a hit at harvest time. Until March 2017, you can join in grape picking and stomping, taste the local wines and buy loads of goodies at the harvest market. More info.
• Grabouw, Hope @Paul Cluver: Watershed. 25 February 2017. One of South Africa's most popular artists and leading acoustic rock band. More info.
• Franschhoek: Grand Provence Harvest Festival 2017. 25 February 2017. Wine tasting, grape picking and stomping, harvest feast all included. Tickets cost in 2016: R650/350 for children under 12. More info.
If you know about other great Cape Town events February 2017, please contact me.
Are you interested in updates and other Cape Town Insider Tips? Then please bookmark this site and subscribe to our ExpatCapeTown Newsletter
More info on Cape Town Events in February can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, and on webtickets.co.za, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings.
Disclaimer: Please always check dates and times, as these can change. Bookings are always advised. Photo Credit: Penguins at Boulders Beach