Explore, experience and enjoy life in Cape Town
Which Cape Town events in August are really worth leaving your cozy fireplace? Your ExpatCapeTown events calendar will show you what’s on in Cape Town in August listing the finest events for the month. Here you will find out about the most exciting events happening in the Mother City in August 2017.
Even in winter Cape Town often has some gorgeous sunny and warm days will make exploring the Cape a wonderful option. And when it is cold and rainy your indoors activity choices are numerous.
August is 'Women's month' in South Africa, celebrating the wonderful, strong and brave women in our lives. Women's Day is a public holiday, Wednesday, 9 August 2017.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Cape Town Funny Festival. Until 6 August 2017. Tickets: R190. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: IKHAYA. 2 - 5 August 2017. Dance Show. Tickets: R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Theatre on the Bay: Irma Vep. 3 - 19 August 2017. At the Theatre on the Bay in Camps Bay. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Durbanville: Rock Legends of Yester Year. 6 August 2017. At 2pm at Hillcrest Quarry and Wine Estate in the scenic Durbanville Hills. Tickets: R80.
• Cape Town, Grand West: Lord of the Dance. 8 - 13 August 2017. With their new show: Dangerous Games. Tickets: From R370. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Great Gospel Night Out. 9 August 2017. Celebrate Women's Day with this great show. Tickets: from R100. More info.
• Cape Town, City Hall & Surroundings: Open Design Festival Cape Town. 13 - 25 August 2017. Citywide Activations, shows and performances. With lots of children and family activities such as makers stands, puppet theatre and so much more. Most events are free of charge, check here for more info.
• Cape Town, Artscape: Der Fliegende Holländer. 17 -26 August 2017. Cape Town opera with acclaimed Swedish soprano Elisabet Strid and South African baritone Jaco Venter. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, City Hall: Summertime in Spring. 24 August 2017. Part of the Spring Symphony Season Concerts with works by Mozart, Gershwin and Beethoven. Tickets: From R160. Tickets at computicket.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Carvin Goldstone Coloured President. 25 - 26 August 2017. Nominated for the Comic of the Year 2016 award, enjoy the family show by this Durban comedian who just is back from his Australia tour. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Underwater Photographer of the Year. throughout August 2017. Tickets: R100 adults/free for children under 16. Tickets at Webtickets and at the door. More info.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Annual Blisters for Bread Charity Walk. 27 August 2017. 5km and 10km fun walks. Every entry fee will support 25 children. Tickets: R50. More info.
• Cape Town, City Hall: Tchaikovsky for a Winner. 31 August 2017. Part of the Spring Symphony Season Concerts with works by Tchaikovsky, Wagner and Dvorak. Tickets: From R160. Tickets at computicket.
• Cape Town, Claremont: Cavendish Square Charity Booksale. Usually at the end of August. TBC. At this very popular annual event, local charities which will benefit from the booksale. Located at Cavendish Shopping Mall this also makes for a great day out with your family and learn more about the less fortunate communities and the great work local charities do to support them.
• Hermanus Food and Wine Show 2017: 11 -12 August 2017. Visit beautiful Hermanus, experience the wine show and while you are in town, make sure to stay until you spot some whales in the bay.
• Robertson Slow Festival 2017: 4 - 6 August 2017. Farming and Wine Festival in the Robertson Wine Valley with Regional Food Market on Sunday. More info.
• Clanwilliam Wildflower Festival 2017: 25 August 2017 - 2 September 2017. Annual Wildflower Festival on the West Coast is a must see for everyone. More info on the wildflower festivals in the Cape.
• TedX Stellenbosch. 19 August 2017. More info.
Have a wonderful month of August in Cape Town!
More info on Cape Town events in August can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings. Any other Cape Town events in August which we should add here? Please contact us and share your info about great Cape Town events in August. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help:)
Do you want to be informed about great Cape Town events every month and read lots of interesting Cape Town Insider Tips, then subscribe to my ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.