Explore, experience and enjoy life in Cape Town
Which Cape Town events in August are really worth leaving your cozy fireplace? Your ExpatCapeTown events calendar will show you what’s on in Cape Town in August listing the finest events for the month. Here you will find out about the most exciting events happening in the Mother City in August 2018.
Even in winter Cape Town often has some gorgeous sunny and warm days will make exploring the Cape a wonderful option. And when it is cold and rainy your indoors activity choices are numerous.
August is 'Women's month' in South Africa, celebrating the wonderful, strong and brave women in our lives. Women's Day is a public holiday and is on Thursday, 9 August 2018.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Cape Town Funny Festival. Until 5 August 2018. Tickets: R190. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Bollywood Enchanted. 3 - 5 August 2018. Family Dance Show. Tickets: R130. More info.
• Cape Town, City Hall: Winter Symphony Season. 4 August 2018. Part of the Winter Symphony Season Concerts with works by Mozart, Mahler and Haydn. Tickets: From R190. Tickets at computicket. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Ruth First: 117 Days. until 4 August 2018. About the first white woman who became arrested during Apartheid in 1963 under the 90-day-clause. Tickets: R150. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Great Gospel Night Out. 8 August 2018. Celebrate Women's Day with this great show. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Don Pasquale. 21 - 25 August 2018. The UCT Opera School brings Donizetti's opera buffa to life. Tickets: From R150. More info.
• Cape Town, Grand West: Tap Dogs. 22 - 26 August 2018. Great family show. Tickets: From R120. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape: Mozart and Salieri. 24 August 2018 - 1 September 2018. classical story with a 21st-century design to bring a sweeping and cinematic experience to modern ballet as it’s never been seen before. Tickets: R280. More info. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Durbanville: Vodka Fest. 25 August 2018. From 12pm at Hillcrest Quarry at the Hillcrest Wine Estate in the scenic Durbanville Hills. More info.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Annual Blisters for Bread Charity Walk. 26 August 2018. 5km and 10km fun walks. Every entry fee will support 25 children. Tickets: R50. More info.
• Cape Town, Claremont: Cavendish Square Charity Booksale. Usually at the end of August. TBC. At this very popular annual event, local charities which will benefit from the booksale. Located at Cavendish Shopping Mall this also makes for a great day out with your family and learn more about the less fortunate communities and the great work local charities do to support them.
• Robertson Slow Festival 2018: 3 - 5 August 2018. Farming and Wine Festival in the Robertson Wine Valley with Regional Food Market on Sunday. More info.
• Chocolate Festival 2018: 18 August 2018. At Anura Estate in Stellenbosch. Tickets: R150. More info.
• Clanwilliam Wildflower Festival 2018: 24 August 2018 - 2 September 2018. Annual Wildflower Festival on the West Coast is a must see for everyone. More info on the wildflower festivals in the Cape.
Have a wonderful month of August in Cape Town!
More info on Cape Town events in August can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings. Any other Cape Town events in August which we should add here? Please contact us and share your info about great Cape Town events in August. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help:)
Do you want to be informed about great Cape Town events every month and read lots of interesting Cape Town Insider Tips, then subscribe to my ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.