Explore, experience and enjoy life in Cape Town
Which Cape Town events in August are really worth leaving your cozy fireplace? Your ExpatCapeTown events calendar will show you what’s on in Cape Town in August listing the finest events for the month. Here you will find out about the most exciting events happening in the Mother City in August 2016.
Even in winter Cape Town often has some gorgeous sunny and warm days will make exploring the Cape a wonderful option. And when it is cold and rainy your indoors activity choices are numerous.
August is 'Women's month' in South Africa, celebrating the wonderful, strong and brave women in our lives. Women's Day is a public holiday, Tuesday, 9 August 2016. Many will use this as a long weekend with Monday 8 August also being closed for many offices and schools. Remember that there is also the public holiday on Wednesday, 3 August 2016 due to the municipal election taking place all over South Africa.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Cape Town Funny Festival. until 7 August 2016. Tickets: R170. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: My Fair Lady. Until 7 August 2016. Musical at its best. Tickets: From R325. More info.
• Cape Town, Theatre on the Bay: 'I love you, you're perfect, now change'. Until 6 August 2016. Musical-revue. At the Theatre on the Bay in Camps Bay. Tickets: From R125. More info.
• Cape Town, City Hall: Daily Voice Joke in the Box. 2 August 2016. Cape Town's five top comics at the magnificent City Hall. One night only! Tickets: R120. Tickets at computicket.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Slava's SnowShow. 17 - 28 August 2016. Multi-award-winning international show sensation. Tickets: from R175. More info.
• Cape Town, Durbanville: Jammin Reggae Festival. 9 August 2015. At Hillcrest Wine Estate in the scenic Durbanville Hills. Tickets: From R120. More info at Computicket
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: A Man of Good Hope. 10 - 16 August 2016. Based on Johnny Sternberg's story, the musical adaptation is about a Somalian refugee heading to South Africa. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape: Dance for All - 25th Anniversary. 13 August 2016. Tickets: R150. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Body Worlds Vital. 9 August 2016 - 23 October 2016. Tickets: R160 adults/R100 children aged 4-12. Tickets at Webtickets
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Acoustics Underground. 18 August 2015. Jazz night at the Chavonnes Battery Museum. Tickets: R175 at Quicket.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Annual Blisters for Bread Charity Walk. 28 August 2016. 5km and 10km fun walks. Every entry fee will support 25 children. Tickets: R50. More info.
• Cape Town, Grand West: Ronan Keating. 17 August 2016. 'Time of my Life' and other hits. Tickets: From R405. More info.
• Cape Town, City Hall: CPO celebrates Johan Botha. 13 August 2016. Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra with Goitsemang Lehobye (soprano) Bongiwe Nakani (mezzo) and Mandla Mndebele (bass) with aria and other works. More info.
• Cape Town, Green Point: Cape Town Mini Maker Faire 2016. 26 - 28 August 2016 at Cape Town Science Centre. Tickets: R50 at Quicket.
• Cape Town, Claremont: Cavendish Square Charity Booksale. Usually at the end of August. TBC. At this very popular annual event, local charities which will benefit from the booksale. Located at Cavendish Shopping Mall this also makes for a great day out with your family and learn more about the less fortunate communities and the great work local charities do to support them.
• Hermanus Food and Wine Show 2016: 6 - 8 August 2016. Visit beautiful Hermanus, experience the wine show and while you are in town, make sure to stay until you spot some whales in the bay. More info.
• Robertson Slow Festival 2016: 5 - 7 August 2016. Farming and Wine Festival in the Robertson Wine Valley with Regional Food Market on Sunday. More info.
• Clanwilliam Wildflower Festival 2016: 26 August 2016 - 4 September 2016. Annual Wildflower Festival on the West Coast is a must see for everyone. More info
• TedX Stellenbosch. 13 August 2016. Spier Wine Estate. Tickets: From R255 at Quicket.
Have a wonderful month of August in Cape Town!
More info on Cape Town events in August can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings. Any other Cape Town events in August which we should add here? Please contact us and share your info about great Cape Town events in August. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help:)
Do you want to be informed about great Cape Town events every month and read lots of interesting Cape Town Insider Tips, then subscribe to my ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.