In my Cape Town Events February listing you will find an events calendar with a listing of some of the best Cape Town events for the month of February.
February is usually the hottest month in Cape Town, not only for the high temperatures in the Mother City, but also for some really great events in town. Make the most of the usually hot Cape Town weather in February, so visit the city’s awesome beaches. The evenings now are more and more wind free and balmy and you should make a plan to add in an outing to Kirstenbosch to enjoy one of the awesome open air concerts.
Cape Town opera season also opens in February and there are many local and international bands performing in the Mother City in this summer month.
For a romantic Valentines Day take your loved one to one of the many wonderful restaurants in Cape Town. And if you are happy to join in the wine harvest, well, a visit to the Cape Winelands is certainly a must.
So here they are some of the best events the Mother City can offer to its visitors expats and residents.
• Cape Town, various locations: Cape Classic Concert Series. Enjoy superb chamber music mainly in stunning setting and support these charity events. Get your tickets from Computicket.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Cape Town Opera - Season Opening. There is usually also an open day, when you can bring your children to learn about and enjoy opera. Interesting talks, behind the scenes and free tours. Free entrance on open day. More info.
• Cape Town, CTICC: Design Indaba. Usually end of the month. See the hottest creations in contemporary South African design and be inspired by this annual exhibition promoting local creativity.
• Cape Town, Newlands: Kirstenbosch Summer Concert Series. See some of the best South African and international acts at open-air concerts in the awesome setting of Cape Town's botanic gardens. More info.
• Cape Town, Alliance Francaise: Festival du Film Francais. The French Film Festival in Cape Town usually takes place in February. Free entrance. More info about the film and other events here.
• Robertson: Robertson Wine Valley Harvest Festival. Usually at the end of February. This hands-on harvest festival is always a hit at harvest time. You can join in grape picking and stomping, taste the local wines and buy loads of goodies at the harvest market. More info.
• Grabouw, Paul Cluver Amphitheatre: Summer Festival. Fantastic concerts in wonderful setting from Pop to Classic. More info.
• Stellenbosch, Oude Libertas Amphitheatre: Sommer Concert Series. In this splendid open air setting in the Cape Winelands. More info.
• Stellenbosch, Spier Wine Estate: Spier Harvest Festival. Usually at the end of February. If you do not just want to do some great wine tastings but also try grape stomping or play a game of croquet or boulles with friends and family at this popular wine estate, this one of the Cape Town events February is the one to go to at the end of this month.
Do you know of an event in the Cape Town area which is worth adding here? Please contact me and share your info on more Cape Town events February. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks.
If you are looking for tickets for other Cape Town February events, please refer to Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on events in Cape Town.
Image Credits: Picture of Kirstenbosch Concert from Sanbi