South Africa Sunset Pictures
Stunning Sunsets over Cape Town
Sunset Pictures always evoke nice memories, we have seen sunsets on many nice places around the world, like Sydney, San Francisco and Rome.
these, also South African sunsets are something really special, stunningly beautiful. And the colors in South Africa sunsets are even warmer and more golden.
So if you want to know what I mean, check out my sunset photos. And if you like watching sunsets, then my South Africa sunsets should be a real treat for you and create the right mood to want to see them here for yourself.;)
The South African sunsets are special as the warm colour palette of the South African landscape offers great atmosphere.
For sunsets these warm golden colours of the African landscape act as a great background and the intense light in these pictures is extraordinary.
This is a sunset photo I took when on holiday in December 2008 in Southern Namibia, roughly 850km north of Cape Town:
Isn’t this a stunning African sunset picture?
Now you will ask where are the best places to view awesome sunsets in Cape Town, so here are my tips for stunning pictures of Cape Town.
Best places for watching sunsets in Cape Town:
• Sunset over Cape Town: That maybe is the most photographed view of Cape Town with Table Mountain silhouette.
Head to Blouberg Beachfront from where you will have the most picturesque Table Mountain views in sunset.
• If this view is to your taste, then how about taking sunset pictures of Cape Town in Sunset Beach a bit south of Blouberg, where the this brilliant sunset photo was taken.
From Sunset Beach you will also have a great view towards the city and you will get some awesome sunset photos of Table Mountain from here too.
• Sunset over the Atlantic Ocean: Another great place to watch the amazing Cape Town sunset is on a balmy summers evening in Camps Bay.
If you want to celebrate in style have a sundowner at the famous Twelve Apostles Hotel.
This one of my Africa sunset pictures was taken in Camps Bay.
More great places for taking sunset photos of Cape Town:
• Sunset from Lions Head: Take in the great view of Cape Town and Table Bay and have a picknick on the lawns at Lions Head.
• Sunset over the Cape Winelands: A bit further out of Cape Town, but worth the 40 minute drive. Drive to Stellenbosch and enjoy a yummy African evening at the great Mojo in Spier Estate from where you can enjoy also the South Africa sunsets.
• Sunset over Table Mountain: Well, Table Mountain dominates most of the views in the Mother City and if you like sunsets, then having the most fabulous warm sunset colours painting the sky over the mountain is worth many a camera picture;). So wherever you are, the Cape Town sunsets are magic.
Now I couldn't stop myself from showing you this gorgeous picture from one of our holidays, not really in South Africa, but Southern Africa.
Should you want to see another great African sunset like the one on my following African sunset picture then, you have to go on holiday in Mauritius, which is a five hours flight from Cape Town and a popular getaway with Capetonians and Cape Town’s expats.