Christmas Markets in Cape Town: Yes, summer has arrived in Cape Town and Christmas is a few weeks away. The Cape Town Christmas Markets are great places to spend the warm summer days or balmy evenings and do some gift shopping for your loved ones. Summer and Christmas may still sound to be a strange combination for many of you, but I am sure you will love to spend your much deserved Christmas break in the sun.
As some Christmas markets already closed their doors, but you are still looking for that special local and handmade gift, we updated our listing to share the best places to visit. Many christmas markets in Cape Town are a wonderful way of getting into the spirit of the Christmas season in Cape Town.
• Cape Town, Constantia: Constantia Gift Fair. 8 - 10 November 2019 at SARDA Centre from 11h00 - 20h00 (Friday) and 9h00 - 17h00 (Saturday and Sunday). More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Cape Town Summer Market. 19 - 23 December 2019 at the Company Gardens from 18h00 - 23h00. tbc.
• Stellenbosch: Garden of Lights. Three day market event at Jan Marias Nature Reserve. 15 - 17 November 2019. Market from 14h00 daily, at 19h00 the Christmas lights will be switched on. Market closes at 22h00. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Stellenbosch Kersmark 2019. 20 - 30 November 2019 at Martisonstreet Uniepark. Market from 9h00 - 19h00 weekdays and 9h00 - 16h00 Saturdays. More info.
• Cape Town, Constantia: The Secret Garden Christmas. 23 November 2019 at Witteboomen, 120 Constantia Main Road from 10h00 - 16h00. Craft market with local artisans and vendors. Tickets: R40. More info.
• Cape Town, CTICC: The Gift Fair. 29 - 30 November 2019 from 12h00 - 19h00 (Friday) and 10h00 - 18h00 (Saturday) at the Cape Town International Convention Centre. Life music, trade fair and artisanal food. Free entrance. Drop off a toy which will be donated to a children's home.
• Cape Town, CBD: Adventsmarkt of the German Community at St. Martini Church in 240 Long Street. 30 November 2019 from 10h00 - 14h00. Great German handmade christmas ornaments, advents wreaths and fabulous food. More info.
• Cape Town, Diep River: Simply South Gift & Craft Fair. 2 - 22 December 2019 from 9h30 - 17h00 weekdays and 9h00 - 16h00 weekends at Westcott Primary School in Myburgh Road. Local arts and crafts with more than 250 artisans. Free entrance. More info.
• Cape Town, Edgemead: Edgemead Christmas Market. 5 - 22 December 2019 from 10h00 - 20h00 every day in the Edgemead Community Hall. Stunning local arts and crafts on display, with more than 250 stalls. Another one of the finest christmas markets in Cape Town with free entrance. More info.
• Cape Town, Kommetjie: Christmas Gift Fair. 6 - 16 December 2019 with one-stop shopping from 9H00 - 19h00 (except Sunday until 17h00). More info.
• Cape Town, Rondebosch: Rondebosch Twilight Market. 18 December 2019. Craft market at Rondebosch Park from 15h00 - 20h00. Further market days on 14 December and on 21 December from 9h00 - 18h00. More info.
• Cape Town, Woodstock: Neighbour Goods Christmas Night Market. Saturday 14 December and Saturday 21 December 2019 at the Biscuit Mill in Woodstock. From 9h00 until 15h00. Free entrance. More info.
• Cape Town, Southern Suburbs: Kirstenbosch Craft Market. 21 December 2019 (tbc) from 9h00 - 15h00. This popular craft market opposite the Mother City’s Botanic Gardens has got a wide variety of original arts and crafts and activities to entertain the little one while you do some Christmas shopping.
Enjoy the Christmas markets in Cape Town, the numerous Carols by Candlelight concerts and the peaceful Christmas spirit in Cape Town this summer and
***Have a wonderful Christmas season in the Mother City.***