Christmas Markets in Cape Town: Yes, Summer has arrived in Cape Town and Christmas is not even two months away. As some Christmas markets already started opening their doors, we want to share the best places to visit. And the many christmas markets in Cape Town are a wonderful way of getting into the spirit of the Christmas season in Cape Town.
The Cape Town Christmas Markets are great places to spend the warm summer days or balmy evenings and do some gift shopping for your loved ones. This may still sound to be a strange combination for many of you, but I am sure you will love to spend the Christmas holidays with your family in the sun. The image below shows the huge Christmas tree set up in front of the Victoria Wharf Shopping centre at the V&A Waterfront Cape Town last year. Now for really relaxed Christmas shopping you will love visiting the some of these great Cape Town Christmas markets listed below.
• Cape Town, Sea Point: Sea Point Christmas Market. 22 November - 4 December 2016. Annual Christmas market held at the Sea Point city hall.
• Cape Town, Durbanville: Stellenberg Christmas Market. 19 October 2016 - 5 November 2016 from 9h00 - 12h00 Mondays to Saturdays in the Community Hall of the NG Kerk/Church in Stellenberg. With more than 350 stalls, this is the biggest Christmas indoor market in Cape Town. Stunning local arts and crafts on display. More info.
• Cape Town, Edgemead: Edgemead Christmas Market. 8 - 22 December 2016 from 10h00 - 20h00 every day in the Edgemead Community Hall. Stunning local arts and crafts on display. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Adventsbasar of the St. Martini Church in 240 Long Street. 26 November 2016, in 240 Long Street from 10h00. Great German handmade christmas ornaments, advents wreaths and fabulous food. More info.
• Cape Town, Bellville: Adventsbasar of the Lutheran Kreuzkirche at 33 Middle Street. 26 November 2016. From 14h30 at 33 Middle Street in Bellville. With lots of homemade gifts and beautiful wreath and christmas decorations as well as German delicatessen. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: French Christmas Market. TBC. Early December 2016 from 9h30 until 14h30 at the French School in Cape Town in Kings Road, Sea Point. Enjoy the Christmas market and celebrate with the French community in Cape Town market with lots of French delicatessen and special treats.
• Cape Town, CBD: Cape Town City Bowl Market on Hope. 15 December 2016. Also hosts regular markets on Saturdays with lots of beautiful gifts and gourmet food during the festive season. Hope Street in Gardens from 9h00 - 14h00. More info on facebook.
• Cape Town, Blouberg: Christmas Schoolyard Market. 25 and 26 November 2015 at Elkanah House High School in Sunningdale. Great for Christmas shopping, wonderful food and lots of stunning little treats and gifts for the whole family. Entrance free. More info.
• Cape Town, Southern Suburbs: Kirstenbosch Craft Market. 27 November 2016 and 11 and 18 December 2016 from 9h00 - 15h00. This popular craft market opposite the Mother City’s Botanic Gardens has got a wide variety of original arts and crafts and activities to entertain the little one while you do some Christmas shopping.
• Tokai Forest Market: Saturdays in December 2015 from 9h00h – 15h00. Located in Tokai Forest, it makes for a great outing on Saturdays. You will find many locally produced gifts and organically grown fruit and veggies and yummy treats here. Lots of children’s activities too. Formerly known as Porter Estate Market, this market still located in Orpen Road/Tokai.
• Cape Town, Northern Suburbs: Durbanville Craft Market. TBC. Friday 2 December 2016, night market. More info on facebook.
• Stellenbosch: Oude Libertas Christmas Night Market. 2 December 2016. Fresh Goods' Christmas market in Stellenbosch at Oude Libertas wine estate with lots of goodies for the whole family. From 17h00 until 22h00. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Spier Festive Market: 16 December 2016. Christmas night market in one of the most popular Stellenbosch wine estates. More info.
• Cape Town, Woodstock: Neighbour Goods Christmas Night Market. Usually Thursday evening in December 2016 at the Biscuit Mill in Woodstock. Another one of the finest christmas markets in Cape Town. From 17h00 until 24h00. Free entrance. Date to be confirmed. More info.
• Cape Town, Southern Suburbs: Constantia Waldorf Night Market. End of November 2016. At Constantia Waldorf School in Spaanschemat Road. From 17h00 - 21h00. Date needs to be confirmed.
• Somerset West: Lourensford Christmas Harvest Market. 2 - 4 December 2016. The popular harvest market returns with Christmas market days where lots of beautiful handcrafted gifts and gourmet food are on sale and activities for the whole family. More on one of the most popular Christmas Markets in Cape Town with Sunset Trail Run on Saturday and Kids Trail Run. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Slow Food Market's Christmas Market: 3 December 2016 from 10h00 - 14h00 at Oude Libertas wine estate. Free entrance.
• Stellenbosch: Blaauwklippen Twilight Christmas Market. 16 - 20 December 2016. Annual Christmas market at Blaauwklippen Vineyards with lots of goodies for the whole family. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Spier Festive Werf Market. 16 - 19, 21- 24 and 26 - 30 December 2016. Lots of tasty gourmet treats and special Kids' Market. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Stellenbosch Kersmark/Christmas Fair. 23 November 2016 - 3 December 2016. Daily except Sundays from 9h00 to 19h00/Saturdays 16h00. At Uniepark with lots of goodies for the whole family. More info.
• Franschhoek: Village Market Days: Saturdays from 9h00h until 14h00. Come and enjoy a splendid shopping experience with something to tickle every fancy. More info.
Enjoy the Christmas markets in Cape Town, the numerous Carols by Candlelight concerts and the peaceful Christmas spirit in Cape Town this summer and
***Have a wonderful Christmas season in the Mother City.***