Christmas Markets in Cape Town: Yes, Summer has arrived in Cape Town and Christmas is just a couple of months away. As some Christmas markets already started opening their doors, we want to share the best places to visit. And the many christmas markets in Cape Town are a wonderful way of getting into the spirit of the Christmas season in Cape Town.
The Cape Town Christmas Markets are great places to spend the warm summer days or balmy evenings and do some gift shopping for your loved ones. This may still sound to be a strange combination for many of you, but I am sure you will love to spend the Christmas holidays with your family in the sun. The image below shows the huge Christmas tree set up in front of the Victoria Wharf Shopping centre at the V&A Waterfront Cape Town last year. Now for really relaxed Christmas shopping you will love visiting the some of these great Cape Town Christmas markets listed below.
• Cape Town, Durbanville: Stellenberg Christmas Market. 17 October 2018 - 3 November 2018 from 9h00 - 12h00 Mondays to Saturdays in the Community Hall of the NG Kerk/Church in Stellenberg. With more than 350 stalls, this is the biggest Christmas indoor market in Cape Town. Stunning local arts and crafts on display. More info.
• Cape Town, Constantia: Constantia Gift Fair. 7 - 11 November 2018. Annual Christmas gift fair held at SARDA in Brommersvlei Road. Tickets: R30. More info.
• Cape Town, Sea Point: Sea Point Christmas Market. 2018 Market dates still to be confirmed. Annual Christmas market held at the Sea Point city hall. More info.
• Cape Town, Blouberg: Christmas Schoolyard Market. 1 December 2018 at Elkanah House High School in Sunningdale. Great for Christmas shopping, wonderful food and lots of stunning little treats and gifts for the whole family. Entrance free. More info.
• Cape Town, Edgemead: Edgemead Christmas Market. 7 - 22 December 2018 from 10h00 - 20h00 every day in the Edgemead Community Hall. Stunning local arts and crafts on display, with more than 250 stalls. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Adventsbasar of the St. Martini Church in 240 Long Street. 2018 Date tbc. TBC. Great German handmade christmas ornaments, advents wreaths and fabulous food.
• Cape Town, Bellville: Adventsbasar of the Lutheran Kreuzkirche at 33 Middle Street. 2018 Date tbc. With lots of homemade gifts and beautiful wreath and christmas decorations as well as German delicatessen. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: French Christmas Market/Marché de Noël. 2018 Date tbc. At the French School in Cape Town. Enjoy the Christmas market and celebrate with the French community in Cape Town market with lots of French delicatessen and special treats. More info.
• Cape Town, Southern Suburbs: Kirstenbosch Craft Market. End of November 2018 and Sundays in December 2018 from 9h00 - 15h00. tbc. This popular craft market opposite the Mother City’s Botanic Gardens has got a wide variety of original arts and crafts and activities to entertain the little one while you do some Christmas shopping.
• Cape Town, Northern Suburbs: Durbanville Craft Market. tbc, night market. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Cape Town City Bowl Market on Hope. Throughout December 2018. Also hosts regular markets on Thursday evenings with lots of beautiful gifts and gourmet food during the festive season. Hope Street in Gardens
• Stellenbosch: Slow Market Christmas Night Market. TBC. Fresh Goods' Christmas market in Stellenbosch at Oude Libertas wine estate with lots of goodies for the whole family.
• Cape Town, Woodstock: Neighbour Goods Christmas Night Market. Usually Thursday evening in December 2018 at the Biscuit Mill in Woodstock. Another one of the finest christmas markets in Cape Town. From 17h00 until 24h00. Free entrance. Dates to be confirmed. More info.
• Stellenbosch, Blaauwklippen Estate: Kamers voll Geskenke. 30 October 2018 - 4 November 2018 from 9h00 - 17h00 at Anura Vineyards. Treasure trove of handcrafted gifts. Entrance: R90. More info.
• Franschhoek, Simondium: Festive Ideas Market: 24 - 28 October 2018. At Simondium Lodge. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Stellenbosch Kersmark/Christmas Fair. 21 November 2018 - 1 December 2018. Daily except Sundays from 9h00 to 19h00/Saturdays 16h00. At Uniepark with lots of goodies for the whole family. More info.
Enjoy the Christmas markets in Cape Town, the numerous Carols by Candlelight concerts and the peaceful Christmas spirit in Cape Town this summer and
***Have a wonderful Christmas season in the Mother City.***