Looking for Cape Town International Schools? You will be surprised to find several international schools in the Cape Town area. In this schools listing, you will find updated information on the fees and the locations of the international schools. Below you will also find a map with the location of these international schools.
The international schools offer primary and secondary school education for children generally from pre-school to final school leaving exams. Some offer also pre-school education and kindergarten facilities at either the same premises as their school or at one of various approved care centers.
School fees for the Cape Town International Schools vary widely. In many schools, siblings discounts and discounts for annual payment are available. Keep in mind, that at some schools also charge seperate fees for textbooks and transport facilities (chargeable) might not always available. Charges for after-school care may apply as some schools do not include full day tuition and only offer morning classes. And please remember, some schools in Souths Africa ask for a fee when writing acceptance letters for your study permit application. Deposits, which are sometimes refundable, apply at all schools.
• These schools offer internationally highly recognised diplomas such as the International Baccalaureat, the International Cambridge A/AS-levels and IGCSE or the German Abitur, French Baccalaureat or other similarly recognised certificates.
• They provide a multicultural environment where usually many third culture kids (TCKs) are pupils. Children can often interact with classmates from the own country so it is possible to communicate also in the home-language. Remember that a child usually acclimatizes faster and you as parent get to meet other parents who have similar backgrounds and/or had similar settling-in experiences.
• The transferability of international curriculum makes further relocations easier and gives the continuity in education which many expats require. It is generally highly recommended to put your child in either a school offering teaching in your mother tongue or a English-medium school as this helps your child when your next move comes up again.
The American School in Cape Town is located in Constantia. Tuition Fees: from R35 640/p.a. up to R103 444/p.a. - Application Fee: R850 - Seat Deposit Fee: R5 000 - Annual Capital Charge: R23,100 (non-refundable). American Curriculum and American school year.
• Blouberg International School (BIS)
Located in Parklands, the new school premises are shown in the image above. Tuition Fees: from R26 875/p.a. up to R37 000/p.a. - Application Fee: R300 - Registration Fee: R3 500 (non-refundable), Deposit: R15,000. This school belongs to the IES Schools group. Cambridge Curriculum with IGCSE and AS (from 2015)
The German International School located in Tamboerskloof. Tuition Fees: from R34 800/p.a. up to R36 300/p.a. - Application Fee: R300 - Deposit: from R4 000 (refundable) - Development Levy: from R4 000 non-refundable. A satellite campus, primary school years 1-4 is located in Tygerberg/Parow. German Abitur and South African IEB-NSC exams.
You will find the French International School in Gardens. Tuition Fees: from R35 925/p.a. up to R68 525/p.a. - Registration Fee: R5 000 (non-refundable). Their school year has three terms.
• International School of Cape Town (ISCT)
This school is located in Wynberg. Tuition Fees: from R29 165/p.a. up to R70 300/p.a. - Registration Fees: from R300 up to R650 - Placement Fee: From R4 000 up to R7 500 (non-refundable) - Deposit: R3 000 (refundable)
• Helderberg International School (ISH)
This Cambridge International School is situated in Somerset West. Tuition Fees: from R18 000/p.a. up to R44 000/p.a. - Application Fee: R300 - Registration Fee: R3 500 (non-refundable) - Deposit: R5,000 refundable. This school belongs to the IES Schools group. Cambridge Curriculum with IGCSE and AS/A-level
• Hout Bay International School (ISHB)
Located in Hout Bay. Tuition Fees from R25 000/p.a. up to R67 500/p.a. - Application Fee: R300 - Registration Fee: R3 500 (non-refundable) - Deposit: R15 000. This school belongs to the IES Schools group and is a registered IB school. Cambridge Curriculum with IGCSE and also offers IB (International Baccalaureate) diplomas in Year 13.
Independent School in Durbanville/Northern Suburbs with Cambrige curriculum. Tuition Fees: From R 26 520/p.a. up to R62 520 p.a.- Registration Fee: R500 - Entrance Fee: From R4 000 up to 20 000 (non-refundable). Cambridge Curriculum with IGCSE and AS/A-level (from 2013)
Note: This information on fees of Cape Town International Schools was taken from the schools' websites. If you require further info please contact the schools directly. Let them know you have been referred from ExpatCapeTown.com
Below find a map with the location of the Cape Town international schools listed above. You can zoom into the map and also click on the little arrows to get direct links to the schools.
Schooling in South Africa
Cape Town with Kids
Cape Town Guides
Cape Town Expat Guide
Buy 2 + Get 1 FREE
Click on the book to go to our new website and view some sample pages.
Our online launch offer ends 30 April 2014.
The book is available now also at bookstores in South Africa.
Please spread the word and share this info with your families, friends, fans and readers.
Simply use the html code below. Copy and paste onto your website, blog or Facebook page:
<a href="http://www.living-in-south-africa.com">Living in South Africa Expat Guide</a>