Looking for Cape Town International Schools? You will be surprised to find several international schools in the Cape Town area. On our schools listing, you will find updated information on the fees of the international schools in the Mother City.
The international schools offer primary and secondary school education for children generally from pre-school to final school leaving exams. Some offer also pre-school education and kindergarten facilities at either the same premises as their school or at one of various approved care centers.
School fees for the Cape Town International Schools vary widely. In many schools, siblings discounts and discounts for annual payment are available. Keep in mind, that at some schools also charge seperate fees for textbooks and transport facilities (chargeable) might not always available. Charges for after-school care may apply as some schools do not include full day tuition and only offer morning classes. And please remember, some schools in Souths Africa ask for a fee when writing acceptance letters for your study permit application. Deposits, which are sometimes refundable, apply at all schools.
• These schools offer internationally highly recognised diplomas such as the International Baccalaureat, the International Cambridge A/AS-levels and IGCSE or the German Abitur, French Baccalaureat or other similarly recognised certificates.
• They provide a multicultural environment where usually many third culture kids (TCKs) are pupils. Children can often interact with classmates from the own country so it is possible to communicate also in the home-language. Remember that a child usually acclimatizes faster and you as parent get to meet other parents who have similar backgrounds and/or had similar settling-in experiences.
• The transferability of international curriculum makes further relocations easier and gives the continuity in education which many expats require. It is generally highly recommended to put your child in either a school offering teaching in your mother tongue or a English-medium school as this helps your child when your next move comes up again.
The American School in Cape Town is located in Constantia. Tuition Fees: from R43,000/p.a. up to R114,000/p.a. - Application Fee: R850 - Seat Deposit Fee: R5 000 - Annual Capital Charge: R25,000 (non-refundable). American Curriculum and American school year starting in September.
• Blouberg International School (BIS)
Located in Parklands, the new school premises are shown in the image above. Tuition Fees: from R35,950/p.a. up to R48,000/p.a. - Application Fee: R300 - Registration Fee: R5,500 (non-refundable), Deposit: R15,000. This school belongs to the IES Schools group. Cambridge Curriculum with IGCSE and AS (from 2015)
The German International School located in Tamboerskloof. Tuition Fees: from R43,000/p.a. - Application Fee: R300 - Deposit: from R4 000 (refundable) - Development Levy: from R4 000 (non-refundable). A satellite campus, primary school years 1-4 is located in Tygerberg/Parow. German Abitur and South African IEB-NSC exams.
You will find the French International School's High School in Gardens and the Primary School in Seapoint. Tuition Fees: from R49,678/p.a. up to R77,000/p.a. - Registration Fee: R5 000 (non-refundable) tbc. Their school year has three terms.
• International School of Cape Town (ISCT)
This school is located in Wynberg. Tuition Fees: from R40,850/p.a. up to R85,500/p.a. - Registration Fees: from R300 - Placement Fee: From R4,300 (non-refundable)
• Helderberg International School (ISH)
This Cambridge International School is situated in Somerset West. Tuition Fees: from R22,000/p.a. up to R50,000/p.a. - Application Fee: R300 - Registration Fee: R3 500 (non-refundable) - Deposit: R5,000 refundable. IES School. Cambridge Curriculum with IGCSE and AS/A-level
• Hout Bay International School (ISHB)
Located in Hout Bay. Tuition Fees from R33,500/p.a. up to R88,500/p.a. - Application Fee: R500 - Registration Fee: R5,500 (non-refundable) - Deposit: R15,000 (refundable). This school belongs to the IES Schools group and is a registered IB school. Cambridge Curriculum with IGCSE and IB (International Baccalaureate) diplomas in Year 12/13.
Independent School in Durbanville/Northern Suburbs with Cambrige curriculum. Tuition Fees: From R 32,700/p.a. up to R76,860p.a.- Registration Fee: R500 - Entrance Fee: From R4,000 up to 20,000 (non-refundable). Cambridge Curriculum with IGCSE and AS/A-level
Note: This information on fees of Cape Town International Schools was retrieved on 2 February 2016 from the schools' websites. If you require further info please contact the schools directly.
Jul 11, 16 08:12 AM
Are you looking for a friendly Cape Town Expat Forum? Connect with Cape Town expats and locals, ask questions and read their tips, then this is the place to go to.
Jun 21, 16 03:10 AM
Expat Guide to Cape Town Kids Activities and Winter Holidays events. Here you will find the best Kids Holiday Camps and Workshops for the June July School Holidays in Cape Town
Jun 13, 16 07:32 AM
On our up-to-date ExpatCapeTown guide find the best Events in July in Cape Town, South Africa