Cape Town Kids Holiday Activities
Winter Holidays 2012
Holiday Clubs, Workshops, Kids Shows, Entertainment and more
Are you looking for great Cape Town Kids Holidays Activities for Kids these Winter school holidays?
The Winter school holidays are just around the corner! Most of the kids in Cape Town are off school from June 23, 2012 until July 16, 2012. But remember to check your school's calendar as some private schools have got quite a different term plan than the public schools in South Africa.
So here are fantastic kids activities for excellent Cape Town holiday clubs and workshops your little ones will love to join and you will have some quiet hours to yourself too;)
Or maybe you are here in Cape Town for a holiday? Then you might be happy to have a day to yourself for the great attractions or shopping the Mother City offers and do not want to drag the kids along?
In my ExpatCapeTown guide you will not only find when and where these events take place but also find information for which age groups the programs are catering for and how much the activities cost. For more information you will find links to the specific event organiser.
There are loads of kids activities on offer in and around the Mother City besides the usual great attractions like going to the Birdpark in Hout Bay or watching the African Penguins in Simonstown or the museums where your kids will be entertained and where your children will gain also some wonderful new insights or can test their talents.
So have a great Winter season and enjoy some of the best Cape Town Kids events in Winter 2012.
Cape Town Events for Kids: Workshops, Holiday Camps and more...
• Cape Town, Century City: Ratanga Junction Fun Park. Fun Days from Juni 29 until July 15, 2012. Rides, Rollercoaster, Shows and Entertainment for the whole family. How much? From R50 for a fun pass up to R152 for an Adventurer Ticket/ R75 kids under 1.3m. More info.
• Cape Town, Grand West Ice Station : Iceskating and Disco Night Fever on Ice at the Icerink. School Holidays with many public skating session. Check the weblink for more info. Costs: Regular entrance fees apply. From R35. More info.
• Noordhoek Village: School Holiday Fun for Kids. Especially recommended for 4 - 10year old children, but fun for the whole family and make sure you visit the Bakery in the Farmvillage. EAT-IN Award 2011 for the Best Bakery in the Western Cape. There are always free events for kids on Saturdays throughout the year. More info.
• Cape Town, Muizenberg: Playtime at Planetkids. Great place for young kids, with drop off facility for an additional R20/h. Holiday Programme every day from Mon-Fri during the school holidays. More info.
• Century City: Canal Walk Adventure Centre at Cape Union Mart. Go wild with Climbing, Tarantula Handling, Snake and Bird Shows. One-hour shows are booked out early, but there are regular climbing competitions too. Call 021 555 4692 for more info.
Cape Town Kids Winter Holiday Camps
• Cape Town: Kidz Get Wild. July 7 - 14, 2012. With 3,4 and 7-day American Style Holiday Camps for 7-14 year old kids. From: R395 per day. Sibling discounts apply. More info.
• Cape Town: SunScene Fun days. June/July 2012. Sunscene Outdoor Adventures with action packed adventure programs. How about taking the kids sandboarding instead of snowboarding this holiday? More info.
• Cape Town, various suburbs: Rugby, Cricket, Soccer and Hockey Workshops. June 25, 2012 until July 13, 2012. Sports Clinics for children from ages 4 - 13.
Cape Town Kids Shows during the Winter School Holidays
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Make way for Noddy. June 23, 2012 - July 7, 2012. Enid Blyton's Children's favorite with Noddy and his friends. Tickets: R50. More info.
• Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: Kids Ahoy Holiday Programme. July 3 - 15, 2012. Hands on fun for everyone at Barrow Court for 4-9 year olds. Various workshops, booking essential. More workshops at the Red Shed Crafts Center. More info.
• Cape Town, Canalwalk Shopping Center: The Little Mermaid. June 23, 2012 until July 15, 2012. With three shows of this popular musical. Entrance Fee: R60. Book at Computicket.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Goldilocks and the Three Bears. June 7 until June 30, 2012. Fairy tale classic for the whole family. Entrance: R40.
Please note: All dates, times and prices are subject to availability and can change.
Call the event organizers if you have any questions and check for exact costs and times.
Booking for most of these events is essential.
There is also great Cape Town Kids Entertainment offered by the bigger shopping centers in Cape Town during school holiday times.
In many Cape Town shopping malls you can leave your kids in a supervised area where they can enjoy painting, clay art, pantomime classes and many other great activities.
In Cape Town Kids are welcome!
In case you want to know more about family life in Cape Town, read my own account on what makes Cape Town so attractive for families with kids .
So have fun exploring beautiful Cape Town:-)
And make sure you subscribe to my ExpatCapeTown Newsletter with loads of great Cape Town Insider Tips.