Our listing of the best Cape Town events in May will give you an updated events calendar with some of the best events in May 2017.
May in Cape Town is a wonderful time! When the autumn rains start to fall, the Cape Town museums are wonderful places to flee to, but usually the sky clears quickly after some heavy downpours and the temperatures in Cape Town are still mild so you can enjoy Cape Town's great outdoors such as enjoying the now more quiet beach in St. James.
Please remember Monday 1 May is Workers' Day. This is a public holiday. So here is a selection of great activities and Cape Town events this May, as you will see when you take a closer look at the events calendar below.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Tararam. 1 May 2017. Performing artists in fascinating drumming show. Tickets: From R150. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Riaad Moosa - Life begins. 2 - 6 May 2017. One of Cape Town's most funny comedians. Tickets: From R150. More info.
• Cape Town, Theatre on the Bay: The Play That Goes Wrong. 3 May 2017 - 17 June 2017. Theatre show directed by Alan Committie. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: My Children, My Africa! 4 - 14 May 2017. Must see tragedy by Athol Fugard, the South African who is the most played playwright worldwide after Shakespeare. Tickets R40. More info.
• Cape Town, SterKinekor Cinemas: European Film Festival (EUFF). 5 - 14 May 2017. The #EuroFilmFestSA will bring a wide variety of films. More info.
• Cape Town, CBD: Bree Street Block Festival. 7 May 2017. Debut festival in Bree Street with arts, music and food. Tickets: R150 (early-bird). More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Shakespeare School Festival. 8 - 13 May 2017. Hailing from the UK, this educational festival inspires schools to present 30-minute plays at professional theatre settings. Tickets: R60. More info.
• Cape Town, Cape Town Stadium: Justin Bieber Purpose World Tour. 17 May 2017. Tickets: From R350. More info.
• Cape Town, various theatres: Cradle of Creativity Theatre Festival. 17 - 27 May 2017. Over 60 fascinating productions from all over the world to attract children and youth to the world of theatre. Part of the 19th ASSITEJ World Congress and International Theatre Festival for Children and Young People. Tickets: depending on plays. More info.
• Cape Town, Milnerton to CBD: OneRun. 21 May 2017. 12 km run from Marine Drive, Milnerton to Bree Street. Tickets R160. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Tiger Bay. 20 - 27 May 2017. World debut of this musical presented by Cape Town Operain partnership with Wales Millennium Centre. Tickets: From R350. More info.
• Riebeek-Kasteel: Olive Festival. 6 - 7 May 2017. Enjoy great food and wine in this lovely little town one hour outside of Cape Town. More info.
• Elgin: Applewood Harvest Festival. 6 May 2017. Family festival with trail-running event. Tickets: From R80 for the family fun run.
• Franschhoek: Franschhoek Literary Festival. 19 - 21 May 2017. Tickets: R70. More info.
Do you know of any other great Cape Town events in May which is worth adding here?
Please contact me and share your info about Cape Town events in May. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help:-)
If you are looking for tickets for other Cape Town events, please refer to Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on Cape Town events in May. Image Credits: Shutterstock.com