Our listing of the best Cape Town events in May will give you an updated events calendar with some of the best events in May 2016.
May in Cape Town is a wonderful time! When the autumn rains start to fall, the Cape Town museums are wonderful places to flee to, but usually the sky clears quickly after some heavy downpours and the temperatures in Cape Town are still mild so you can enjoy Cape Town's great outdoors such as enjoying the now more quiet beach in St. James.
And remember there are two public holidays this month. Sunday 1 May is Workers' Day. Therefore Monday, 2 May, is a public holiday.
So here is a selection of great activities and Cape Town events this May, as you will see when you take a closer look at the events calendar below.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Nothing but the Truth. 5 - 14 May 2016. Drama about political and social reconciliation. Tickets R40. More info.
• Cape Town, SterKinekor Cinemas: European Film Festival (EUFF). 6 - 15 May 2016. The #EuroFilmFestSA will bring a wide variety of films. More info.
• Cape Town, Theatre on the Bay: Love Factually. 13 April 2016 - 14 May 2016. Theatre show with Alan Committie. Tickets: From R100. More info.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Burn the Floor. 19 May 2016 - 15 June 2016. Fascinating dance show ' Fire in the Ballroom' is coming to Cape Town. Tickets: From R190. More info.
• Cape Town, Century City: Sustainable Brands Cape Town. 14 - 17 May 2016. Join the inaugural conference with more than 80 renowned speakers. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Coppelia. 25 - 29 May 2016. Cape Town City' Ballet's adaptation of ETA Hofmann's story tale. Tickets: From R110. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Lunares. 26 - 28 May 2016. South African Flamenco stars present the powerful dance show. Tickets: R140. More info.
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Imagine. 28 - 29 May 2016. Family Magic Spectacular Show with incredible illusions. Tickets: From R130. More info.
• Cape Town, CTICC: Good Food and Wine Show 2016. 27 - 29 May 2016. One of the biggest food events in Cape Town. The chefs-in-action shows are a must see for every foodie. Tickets-Presages until 20 May only R126! at Computicket: R140/Children (0-12 years) free, (13-18 years) R50. More info.
• Riebeek-Kasteel: Olive Festival. 3 - 4 May 2015. Enjoy great food and wine in this lovely little town one hour outside of Cape Town. More info.
• Stellenbosch: Spier Poetry Festival. 7 May 2016. More info.
• Elgin: Applewood Harvest Festival. 7 May 2016. Family festival with trail-running event. Tickets: R10 donation, or R100 for the trial run.
• Franschhoek: Franschhoek Literary Festival. 13 - 15 May 2016. Tickets: R70. More info.
Do you know of any other great Cape Town events in May which is worth adding here?
Please contact me and share your info about Cape Town events in May. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help:-)
Interested in more Cape Town Insider Tips, please subscribe to my monthly ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.
If you are looking for tickets for other Cape Town events, please refer to Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on Cape Town events in May.
Image Credits: Shutterstock.com