Cape Town Events in July 2012
Do you want to know about great Cape Town events in July?
When the winter school holidays are around the corner, you will need to find great events for the whole family. There are many great music shows and dance and arts festivals taking place in July, so you might have a tough choice to decide between all the great events taking place in July in the Mother City.
Maybe you want to go and see "The Nutcracker" with your children? Or take a walk when the sun is out and watch the waves? Simonstown and Kalk Bay as well as Blouberg are our favorite places where you can enjoy rough winter days and take a stroll along the sheltered walkways of many boutique shops and art galleries in Main Street or the beachfront.
Then there are also all those great festivals, like the splendid Oyster Festival in Knysna.
And if you ever wondered if there is snow in Cape Town, I can tell you that there may be no snow in the city, due to its seaside location, it can still feel quite chilly and you can see snow on the higher grounds near Cape Town especially around Ceres and the Overberg Region. So if you long for your kids to be able to touch some real snow, take them out to Matroosberg and let them enjoy the white wonder.
So take a look at my listing of great events in Cape Town and have a wonderful time in Cape Town.
Events in Cape Town in July 2012: Events Calendar
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: Vodacom Funny Festival. until July 7, 2012. See Cape Towns top comedians as well as many international acts in this stand-up comedy shows. Costs: R140 More info.
• Cape Town, CTICC: Disney on Ice. July 6 - 8, 2012. A first in South Africa! Dazzling ice skating show for the whole family. Tickets at computicket from R180. Book at computicket.com
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Burn the Floor. July 11 - 29, 2012. These 20 Ballroom and Latin Dance world champion dancers will keep you mesmerized. Tickets: From R125.
• Cape Town, Baxter Theatre: An Evening of Spanish Language Art Songs. July 24, 2012. Celebrating the 100th birthday of Catalan composer Xavier Mantsalvatge. Tickets: R50
• Cape Town, Parklands: Peter Pan - The Musical. July 24 - 28, 2012. The talented college students retell the adventures of Peter Pan. Tickets: From R80. Tickets from Computicket.com
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: SA Artists for Aids Awareness. July 29, 2012. Tickets: From R100.
Other interesting events in the Western Cape
• Knysna Oyster Festival: July, 6 – 15, 2012. Oysters, oysters, oysters and lots of great entertainment, sports events, competitions and fun for young and old. More info.
• Grahamstown National Arts Festival: June 28 - July 8, 2012: With more than 200 national and international events. More info.
• Elgin Valley: Christmas in July. July 2012. Enjoy winter in July in the Western Cape. TBC
Great Cape Town events in July for kids and families:
• Cape Town, Artscape Theatre: Christmas in July. June 23, 2012 - July 7, 2012. All time favorite with Kids. Tickets: R40.
There are so many great childrens shows, kids activities and holiday clubs during the Winter School Holidays in the Western Cape which are from June 23 until July 15, 2012. Therefore I will add a whole page of events for kids nearer to the holidays.
Please bookmark this page and return to learn about all the exciting events for children in Cape Town.
Special Cape Town Events in July for the Expat Communities
• Cape Town, American Society of South Africa: America Day Celebrations: July 4, 2012. American Independence Celebrations. Get in touch with Americans in Cape Town and contact the American Society of South Africa (ASSA) for more info.
• Cape Town, Spanish Club: Noches Latinas Regular Meetings of the Spanish speaking community in Cape Town. More info.
• Franschhoek: Bastille Day Celebrations. July 14 - 15, 2012. Indulge in French food and wine and enjoy the minstrel parade and activities. Cost: R100.
Any other events in Cape Town which I should add here? Please contact me contact me and share your info. Other expatriates in Cape Town will be grateful to hear a lecture, see a play or listen to music from their home countries too. Thanks a lot for your help:)
Do you want to be informed about great Cape Town events every month and read lots of interesting Cape Town Insider Tips, then subscribe to my ExpatCapeTown Newsletter here.
More info on Cape Town events in July can be found on the Computicket website: www.computicket.com, where you can find more info on location and pricing and can make your bookings.